Wahluke

Connell 49
Vs.
Warden 0

Ki-Be 33
Vs.
Columbia-Burbank 21

This post was edited on 10/12 12:41 AM by Linebacker_65

That's what the ol' internets says. Nobody has ever accused Zillah of being the classiest of joints when it comes to score board etiquette.

And nobody ever accused you Linebacker_65 of actually doing any sort of research before making an ignorant statement (not that hard to do, go to yakimaherald.com). Aside from downing the ball each time they got it, what would you suggest Zillah do? First 3 scores of the game were a TD on opening drive, blocked punt for a TD, then a punt return for a TD. Zillah threw 4 passes all game. 10 different players scored a freaking touchdown! Zillah fans and players are just as disgusted at these scores as anybody else is because the team sure isn't getting any more prepared for tougher competition down the road in the playoffs. How is Calhoun going to get better when he gets 5 carries (like he did yesterday against Highland). How is Widner going to improve when he is targeted 1 time (as he was yesterday). Instead of looking at a score and judging the class of a program, how about getting the whole story? Or better yet, why don't you ask why a varsity football program in the SCAC is giving up 56 and 35 yard touchdown runs in the 4th quarter of a blow-out game to 3rd and 4th string freshman running backs?

I am touched. I really am. You created a profile just for me? This is overwhelming, I may cry a little. I am honored to be your inspiration.

Oh please Gravytrain, Zillah is notorious for running up scores. Friday may very well have been unintentional and unavoidable, but don't get all indignant when someone accuses them of piling on points.

This post was edited on 10/13 4:02 PM by Neverquit___

I for one love the throwback acrimony here. Reminds me of 2007 WaPreps.

I was at the Zillah/Highland game and I would have to agree... There wasnt much more Zillah could have done...They pulled their starters so early that we didnt really get to see Calhoun or Widner play...They didnt send anyone back to receive punts after the first quarter, and there were alot of punts. They were so deep into their roster for the third and fourth quarter that the announcer was having to ask the crowd for the names of the players making plays...Twice in the fourth quarter with their 4th string QB and company on the field they ran the ball off tackle on fourth and long situations deep in HIghland territory...Basically turning the ball over on purpose, and giving Highland a short field. This was the third game I have went to watch Zillah play and unfortunately this has been the case in all three games...I can say that in all three games i have been to, they have pulled thir starters very early, and i have yet to see anything even close to running up the score intentionally, in fact its been quite the opposite...The competition has just been that far below their level...These games are doing nothing to prepare them for tough games down the road. Even the Zillah/ Royal game was not as close as the score indicated and i think that was about a 25-30 point blow out, with the starters taking a very early exit from the game.By the way, keep an eye on Royal in the next few years i saw some good things from them, they are only lacking some some size and experience, they are real young, but a very nice team. Its been tough to get a look at anything Zillah does, given the weakness of their schedule. I would love to see them play another tough and experienced team to see just how good they might really be... I can say this for them, given the short little bits and pieces i have gotten to see....They appear to be very very good...They hit real hard, they have nice team speed, and appear to be deep and talented at the skill positions...They dont even really have a drop off when they go to their backup quarterback... Qb2 is lightning quick. Time will tell if their starters will be able to go the distance when they get into a real battle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT