ADVERTISEMENT

Seattle Academy- Impressive

2old4this

Dec 3, 2005
Seattle Academy made a big statement this weekend pounding Chelan at home and Nooksack Valley on the road even without all their big guns in the line up.

I had the chance to take in the Chelan game and was very impressed with their ability to get to the basket and also pressure defensively. Cedar Park and Lynden Christian beware. These guys are the real deal and can hurt you a bunch of ways. You better get them in the half court to have a chance. I was surprised at their balance and weapons.

They are a great team, but neither of those wins are anything to be proud of. Chelan has not really shown anything, and Nooksack is straight up awful. You could say that LC losing to Lynden in OT is a much better gauge.

I was thinking the same about the NV game. Beating them doesn't mean much at all.

I watched them at Nooksack last night. Very tough to gauge against the Pioneers who are really down. They have a number of guys who can shoot, and they have dribble penetrators. I wasn't impressed with their press last night. Alot of grabbing and slapping. They got called for 7 personals before the end of the 1st quarter. Most of them looked legit calls. Just curious which guys they were missing? I tried to visualize them against L.C. through my biased eyes, and I think LC can beat them.

Bear in mind that they played last year, with LC winning by almost 30, and the teams are almost identical this year. LC missing Wolffis and Seattle Academy missing one senior who played but wasnt a stud. Obviously wont be that big of a deficit, but I don't see LC losing to that team. They gameplanned SA well last year and they'll do the same thing.

It's difficult to project off last years results. Last season Lynden beat L.C. 60-24. Both teams lost one starter from last year's team and look what happened. A nail biter. I still like the Lyncs in a matchup with SA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT