ADVERTISEMENT

Selah Wins 2A Title

coachj.com

Feb 22, 2005
Its a three-peat! Selah wins it again. Eburg 3rd. GView 4th. Good year again for the CWAC. Nice job ladies.

every hat i own goes off to selah! nice job vikings - definitely should squelch a lot of naysayers, with everything that has gone on the last year.

again, congratulations - well done!!

The CWAC continues to be an all but unstoppable force in volleyball. Congratulations to E-Burg, Grandview, and Selah. I don't know everyones statistics but Selah in the last 15 years has got to be if not the best very close to the best program in the state in any division. Here's how they have done since 1993 at the state tournament.

1993- 1st
1994- 1st
1995- 4th
1996- 2nd
1997- 1st
1998- 2nd
1999- 3rd
2000- 3rd
2001- 6th
2002- 7th
2003*- Did not go
2004- 5th
2005- 1st
2006- 1st
2007- 1st

*I believe Aberle left after the 2002 season and came back for the 2004 season

Put an * by the year 2007. Aberle did not coach this group of young but experienced girls and they came back to win the State Championship. I was not there on Thursday but had friends that went. They said that the CWAC was well represented and that people were talking from the Seattle and Spokane area about our area teams. They were amazed at the quality of players the valley produces year in and year out. A while ago I posted a message about the Grandview/Selah match-up and talked about the experience of the setters (quarterback) and thought Selah's setter (Valdez) could lead that team to victory. I was wrong, in that I predicted them beating Grandview that night, but I was not wrong about an experienced setter and the value of one. I watched the games on Friday and the games against Ellensburg and Tumwater were incredible. Both matches were nip and tuck, but I watched the setters to see who made the adjustments and who set up their hitters the best and Selah's setter was very tricky and very smart with her sets and I believe that helped Selah tremendously.
Great job to the CWAC and their coaches. We are proud of you and your accomplishments!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT