ADVERTISEMENT

Sizing up the MVL

fresh12

Feb 28, 2005
Fellow MVLers: To get a better handle on how thte league looks this year, please post whatever numbers and info you have for various school's better athletes and their personal bests.

For Sunnyside:

Sambrano LJ: 18'6"- 11.5 100m

I'll get some throwing numbers for Casey Smith and Eric Rinehold soon. The core Sunnyside throwing group should really get something done this year between Aguirre, Smith, Rinehold,Dahlstrom, and Schilperoort.

ellensburg high jump

ellensburg is gonna have another great season all around but i just know of personal bests for highjumpers

boys high jumpers:
matt pfeifer: 6'5''
brayton dekoning: 6'2''
jackson beach(who will also dominate triple):6'0''
trevor woosta:5'10''

these guys are all good consistant jumpers too

girls high jumpers:
robyn roblee:5'2''
kayla standish:5'3'' or 5'4'' i belive?

Re: ellensburg high jump

Thanks for the rundown and sorry the slip on Boys HJ over the weekend in my other post. Come on though, with everything I wrote up can't that one thing slide? :p I thought Standish went higher than 5'4" in HJ but I definitely agree that E-burg has the most depth in HJ. Sunnyside's best shot for HJ is Jordyne Jaquish whose best mark was 5'2". I think Christy Linde may try it out also but who knows. What's Beach's best triple mark btw? For Sunnyside I think Jaime Sambrano and Jonas Linde are their best with jumps around 36/37...something to grab points here and there with but not regional run numbers unless they're making solid strides. I can't wait to see what Standish can put together for triple, she will repeat as the best in the league but Jordyne Jaquish and Christy Linde (who will dominate hurdles)will be able to put up marks around 33' and should be competition in every meet. Overall, what you'll see in Sunnyside is a large talent gap-similar to last year but just not as good overall (they've seemed to get progressively weaker the last few years but I'm optomistic) They have a handful of people who can possibly be or are competitors within the league and even state(Linde,Joliff,Ruelas,Jaquish,Candido,Messmore for the girls and Graham,Smith,Rinehold,Sambrano,Linde for the boys). I'm interested in their relay groups too;I think they've got a solid girls squad. Don't expect too much from the boys though. It's hard to be competitive with half as many kids coming out as other schools but they're coming along. They were missing many of their better athletes at their first meet just like all the other teams.

Re: ellensburg high jump

im not sure but i know in practices that standish goes over 5'4 so this year will be domination for her in everything...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT