ADVERTISEMENT

Stevenson - Forks updates?

Bystander13

Mar 16, 2008
Tonight has Forks traveling to Stevenson for an important game in the SWW District 4 standings. Both are 10-3 with three games to go, and both play 10-2 La Center next week. Those three appear to be chasing Columbia / White Salmon for spots 2, 3, and 4 in the District. With 1& 2 automatic to State, and 3 & 4 fighting for the remaining slot, each of these games is important. Would love to hear updates and results of this game, plus next Tuesday's LaCenter @ Stevenson, and next Friday's LaCenter @ Forks.

i will honestly be very surprised if forks pulls it off and comes in second. very surprised.

la center is victorious over stevenson today.
at half time stevenson was up by two. and put another two away during the second half. but 17 from la center put in four very nice goals from breakaways.

la center won in pk's

considering forks did take white salmon to a shoot out and only lost to lacenter in overtime, in lacenter, i wouldnt say that its a hard thing for them to get second. What really happened in the stevenson-lacenter game? the sww1a site says lacenter won 7 to 5

they only took white salmon to overtime and pk's because there was only one ref, who was making calls that even players from the forks team would smile at white salmon and say, yeah, your right, that should be your ball.

at home, we beat them a solid 4 to 0.

I talked to a neighbor of mine who said when Monte came to White Salmon they didnt play National Anthiem is that common in White Salmon.

yeah, we usually don't even say the players names or whatever. no one talks from our booth in the bleachers.

forks could say the same thing about white salmon refs. its easy to blame things on the ref. either way its a game and you have to play through the reffing

I agree when Forks played WS at WS the ref didn't even call half of the things that should of been called. It's something we all have to deal with and we can't control the refs in the games.
This post was edited on 5/7 10:23 AM by Eddy_B

whatever yo, i just hope you guys beat la center on friday. that would be some funny stuff...

Ya were hoping to but we have three maybe four starters ineligible as of right now. and if we beat them tomorrow we have to turn around and play them again monday in monte for the tie-breaker.

ha ha yeah, we've never had all of our players eligible, most of them go in and out of failing, or do stupid stuff and get suspended ha ha. like two of our best players got suspended for 5 games. they won't be able to play till districts. haha we've been starting jv players for most of this season. i'm just hoping that white salmon can pull themselves together for districts and state. even last year in state we fell apart, before the final weekend tournament our center mid, who got 1st team two years in a row, made some bad choices prom night. him and two other important players got into some trouble, and they we're unable to compete. still we only lost in the last minute to kings, and beat connell who i'm pretty sure was undefeated before that final weekend.

so i'm just hoping that we can pull together and work as a team, and stay a team. because if we do, white salmon could go right back to the final four. our record is supreme. look at the standings. even though we have jv players starting, we've scored almost 100 goals in league, and have only taken ten, which a number are from penalties. as a senior i would love to see us pull through. and also, i would love the other two teams that go forth to state have the best of luck and persevere to bring more attention to our somewhat alienated league.

Ya I was wondering what happened last year. I want a rematch with you guys for the championship on a neutral field with neutral refs so noone can complain about it being one-sided for either team.

But we have to beat Lacenter today and monday to get to that game. Hopefully everyone gets eligible and we can pull it off.

i hope you guys do, as i said, that would be funny. little recomendation; all la center has got is 17 and 18. 18 is a ball hog and usually only passes it to 17, who plays forward. 17 has got quick feet and a nice finish, he scored all four goals agains stevenson on tuesday. somtimes they pass the ball to 4 down there left side, he's decent, but nothing a mediocre defender can't handle. 11, is also a decent player, but was injured on tuesday and i don't know if he'll be playing or not. so if you have your best defender tight on 17 the whole game, you might be able to pull it off.

Ya thats what we were looking at. We have a defender who completely shut down their little colored forward from last year and he's finally eligible so he'll probably be matched up on him and with all of our mids and everyone eligible we shouldnt have a problem shutting down their two or three players.

Didnt get to see either Monte game with you guys i know you whipped them 8-0 and 8-0 whats your take on Monte i heard they are mostly 1st time varsity players especially on defense But be nice with your answer lol

Monte seems to be a young team. yes they have number ten, what year is he? i'd say a sophmore?

i feel like there has been definite improvement from this team. i think they are well coached or something, because they sorted some things out and switched some kids around allowing for a better team ball. when we played them in monte, yeah, we whooped em, but we had a pretty on game. and still, when they came to our home in white salmon, some amelioration was noticed on my part. they had some well constructed attacks, and almost put one in before we did. it definitely seems like you guys are a young team, and in the next few years who knows? i think that white salmon will still be strong next year, not as strong as this year but still strong. la center will still be strong because i'm pretty sure they are losing virtually no one. i think next year, or next, there is a greater possibility of monte grabbing 3rd or 4th place. but they'll have to work for it. many of white salmon's players, i would say the core of white salmon's players, maybe 7 or 8 or so, play about all year long. we play some summer tournaments together, a league in the fall together, and a winter indoor league as well. it's the players of the team that carry white salmon to first place in trico the last three years.

you have potential, work for it.

Where do you play your indoor league? What facility, it is a long way to the nearest facility which I assume would be back 2 back in troutdale... (Not a great place to play) or Clackamas?

We play at indoor sports in Camas.

It's a good league, you can sign up for 10 game leagues, play open play on Friday and Saturday nights, and they also host tournaments, its great fun.

yeah, even though we have soccer in the spring, we try to go to open play every other week. sometimes we don't make it, but we try too. more time this summer. open play is friday and saturday nights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT