ADVERTISEMENT

The REAL 2A rankings

M23

Mar 31, 2008
1. Cedarcrest: They know what it takes, and they have both the pitching and the batting to be on top.
2. W.F. West: Off to a hot start, also brings playoff experience.
3. Ellensburg: Ten-runned Selah TWICE! Explosive offense with solid pitching.
4. Archbishop: Shaky to start the season but has blossomed of late. Tyler Kane(4-0) is tough.
5. Sehome: District 1 has produced the last 4 state champions.
6. Selah: Great tradition. Can't ever count them out.
7. Centralia: Pullin is special(.444 avg, 20 RBI), but still a freshman.
8. Ridgefield: GSHL always has a decent showing in the state tourney.
9. Cheney: Top in the GNL.
10. Othello: CWAC knows how to play some ball.

Word on the street is that WF West has 4 guys already signed for D1 in the fall.... Theyre also undefeated so far and I might even go out on a limb to say that theyre my 2A pick for it all this year. Buttt its stil early and we all know that anything can happen in the playoffs.

Until Cedarcrest loses to a 2A or lower class team, Its hard for me to take them off the number one spot. I did it with Sehome last year and the year before. Until they show a weakness they are still number one.

With that said, WF West is scary. They are a good ball club and they have a chance to show it in May!

Mark Morris is clearly the team to beat in the GSHL 2A and should be ranked (if anyone from that league is ranked).

They've won the season series against R.A. Long AND Ridgefield and are up 1-0 on Hockinson.

Ryles is always right.. Hands down.

Also Cedarcrest's Tommy Edwards (INF) dislocated his ring finger on his glove hand during practice on Tuesday. Edwards is a HUGE part of the Cedarcrest offense and is rumored to be out for the Archbishop series in two weeks and maybe more.

WF West, Cedarcrest. I would pay to see a three game set between them. Everyone else is a step below. With that said, either team can be had in a single game by any of the teams in the top ten. State champ should be one of these two teams.

FriendOfWarchol hit the nail right on the head. Mark Morris is the team to beat in the GSHL. Hockinson is struggling, Ridgefield has Atchley but no other pitcher who can take control really. R.A. Long is spotty this year thus far. Mark Morris has a great group of kids who were on last year's team that saw a lot of experience.

ADVERTISEMENT