ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking back of great Prairie games at State

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
We are almost at that time again and I was thinking about the most improbable run a Prairie team has ever made at State. It was the 2000 team that had seen Prairie win two in a row. But the 2000 team lost the first seven senior starters from that team and yet it took a Leilani Mitchell drive to the basket to tie the game and go into overtime where they ended up winning a state championship. Prairie was runner-up . That Mitchell shot came off an outside shot that bounced off the rim all the way past the top of the key. You gotta have a little luck to go along with a great team. And Leilani Mitchell easily one of the best players ever out of the state of Washington. 5'5" and she has had a nice little career in the WNBA

This post was edited on 2/11 11:28 AM by statewide

Wish I could have seen that... sounds like a crazy game! She played for Kennewick, correct?

Yeah she did play for Kennewick and that was her freshman year when she made that shot. I don't think pressure ever bothered her. I bet she didn't weigh 115 lbs and had long black hair past her waist. She was something to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT