ADVERTISEMENT

WC-SW 4A district brackets...

What don't you like about the set up? and how do you think SK will do against most likely Hudson's Bay?

What don't I like about it? Well, I don't like some higher-seeded teams being "punished" at the expense of the a certain governing entity's collapsing backbone due to a specific league's complaints years ago regarding their seeding opportunities at the district level (in all sports)--- not that there's much wrong with that, 'cuz the squeaky wheel gets the grease, eh?--

I've seen whining galore in year's past because of this setup, and now it's MY turn, LOL! (Mike W will tell you I love that certain league with a huge passion --although, I wish they'd go align with some other Washington district!)...

Hope all that above BS helps!

Wolfie loves the Veradale Bears from the Greater Spookaloo League.

Hey Mike W

Isn't it weird that no one responded to your initial post on re-classifications but now everyone has an opinion?

No system is perfect.

Thanks for the message board and efforting to keep the passion alive for prep sports.

Paul O'Breen
Bellingham Red Raider Baseball
(Not in playoffs this year because of performance, not the system)

Re: Hey Mike W

The initial post pointed everyone to the message board - the post itself was locked, so no one could have responded. :)

I appreciate the kudos, even though I can't cover baseball like I wish I could. Ironically, it is due to two kids playing (one baseball and one softball) and I am also on a Little League board of directors (and I am running Minor and Major Baseball for the league, which takes a helluva lot of time).

I want to cover those sports though. Can't wait till I can.

Well for one... Crapital was the #4 seed out of the Narrows, but with a win on Sat they advance to State as the #1 seed. Yet Central Kitsap who was the #1 seed out of the Narrows goes in as the #2 seed if they win, and Olympia who was the #2 Seed out of the Narrows goes in as the #3 seed if they win!

Now... what sense does THAT make?

For the record Big Dog there is no "R" in Capital, and I don't think Oly has as much room to complain as Central Kitsap who will have to go to Eastern Washington if they win.

That's exactly...

...what I'm talking about! --- the "governing agency of Washington State high school sports" collapsing at the constant whining and sniping of rural Washington. There's no way if #1 CK wins that the "punishment" given them should be a trip to Avista (Elsie's Restaurant in Silverdale would be a better venue-- but that's another story)...

I say stick district 4 (GSHL) in a sub-district/regional with district 5/6/8 (Huge 9 and the Inland Empire Spookaloo League), let them duke it out, then send their seeds over HERE where the party really begins... ya, I said that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT