ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard ACH

SmithSports

Jan 29, 2003
To all the fans and parents, players and coaches of the Almira-Coulee/Hartline Warriors...

Beginning with this basketball season, the Grant County Journal newspaper, based in Ephrata, has added ACH to its coverage area. For the first time in the last few years, ACH will be actively covered by a county newspaper -- in addition to the weekly coverage of the Coulee City News-Standard.

As sports editor of the Journal, I'm excited to be bringing the Warriors and the Bi-County League aboard to our coverage area along with Ephrata and the Central Washington Athletic Conference (2A), as well as Soap Lake and Wilson Creek with the North Central Washington League. As the coaches in the CWAC and NCWL have already learned, I like to cover the leagues as closely as I can -- I feel dealing with covering each sport on a regional basis is better for our readers, and they have told me they enjoy it.

So just as a friendly warning to the Bi-County (he chuckled)...don't surprise if I'm ringing your phones as the seasons go along. And again, my thanks to everyone at ACH for allowing us to make you part of the Journal family.

Steven Smith, sports editor
The Grant County Journal, Ephrata

Get ready to write paragraph after paragraph about Greg Giese, I will tell you this that kid can play some ball. By the end of the year he'll be on the all state team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT