ADVERTISEMENT

White Salmon vs Seattle Christian

Being an Alumni from the team I can call it whatever I want to.

I like White Salmon better.

Carlos Mendoza (Goalkeeper 2005-2009)

It does not matter to me what we call ourselves. We are the Bruins from Columbia High in White Salmon and we played for all of that and more. Thanks to our fans (who scream Columbia, Bruins and White Salmon) while cheering for us. There us no mistake in our mind who they are cheering for! Let's not get into a battle about what we call ourselves, instead, let's celebrate our win together! GO BRUINS, GO WHITE SALMON, GO COLUMBIA!!!!!!

Hey Anders,
I was about to write a scathing note, putting ol' Carlos in his place, but you have shown the voice of reason. Great game last night, that spin move of yours in the 1st half really smoked that guy, and despite Seattle Christian controlling the ball a lot of the time, our defense held to the end. I'm glad I made the trip to Washougal to cheer you guys on.
Go Columbia Bruins from White Salmon!!! (and Husum, Underwood, Bingen, Pucker Huddle, Snowden, BZ Corner, etc.)

Alan Patrick, Columbia High class of '76

Alan Patrick is this Nick Patricks dad? Wow I feel dumb now. I thought you were some random person from another town just trying to say things he knew nothing about.

The reason I don't like Columbia High School as our name is because people get it confused with Columbia River here in Vancouver.

I'm playing here at Clark College and I hate when announcer and people make the mistake of not giving credit to my hometown when they announce me at my games.

Hey good luck at Clark, and keep representing both Columbia High and White Salmon with respect.
BTW, Nick is third generation at Columbia High. My dad in 1948, and Nick's mom's parents all graduated there too.

Wow I logged on here just to see what's up with Columbia's soccer team, I agree with Mr. Patrick that it should be called Columbia, but I understand how we get confused with other schools. When I played on the Cascade Surge, I would get confused with Coulmbia River as well. It's nice to see our team continuing to win! Go Bruins!

-- A Bruin Soccer Alum

I don't mean to keep this going but I just have to say that Mr. Patrick and his family are some of the biggest supporters the Columbia Soccer team has, to disrespect him on this forum or anywhere else is dispicable. The Patricks had two sons who played on the soccer team with me in the first days of the program, they still pay attention to the program long after both have graduated. Even if one of you don't know who exactly is talking, it is better to communicate with a level of maturity and respect as to not bring shame to yourself or our town.

Go Bruins

ADVERTISEMENT