ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Barbossa running the 400m?

snaptowhistle

Nov 9, 2005
Just curious if anyone has insight regarding Nectaly Barbossa running the 1600m followed by a 400m at the sub-district meet. Because he was unable to run the 800m he is out unless he can get passed through, was he going to attempt the 400 at the state meet? Can anyone out there explain what happened this weekend.

He is passing on the 800 to help his team's effort for a state championship. There was an article explaining this in the Herald-Republic.

he was going to attempt the 1600/400/200. Show some versatility. I'm not surprised at all of him running the 400, he is very good at the event.

agreed that he is indeed very strong in the 400, but it seems like doubling him in the 800m/1600m would score at a minimum 16 points, quite possibly 20, what does the 2A 200m look like regarding times to score. Just seems like a risk when you have the top athlete in 800/1600 which with prelims and finals is 3 races vs. 200/400/1600m 5 races, I am guessing that he is also a member of the 4x400m Relay. Just seems a little curious not sure if the state meet is the time to show some versatility??

interesting idea, obviously in hindsight a little risky, not sure that it was a sound idea from the get go

just to let you guys all know, barbosa did injure himself after he ran the 200m dash. seemed like he hurt his hamstring

oh i just figured everyone knew he hurt himself, or it was posted earlier, i guess it wasn't. other WA star that may be injured is abdi hassan, who got hurt during the 4x4, but it sounded like he was going to be alright. not sure of the extent of barbosa's injury?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT