ADVERTISEMENT

zillah the 1a power house? looks that way....

TJLJHJ024

Mar 28, 2006
zillah's lookin like the 1a powerhouse...there boys team is stacked with all it's state participants returning. zach sybouts is running low 11's in the 100.. hi jumping 5'11... hasn't ran the two but is ranked 2nd.. ..andy jones went 6 feet last week...jake friedrich long jumped 20'6..tripled jumped 40'6...and hi jumped 6 last year...chris gay is on top of the discus...carl leos and steven are top 5 in the jav...weston argo is lookin good in the 300 hurdles...the 4x100 is the returning relay... i mean i could go on for days...anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Im glad that ur talking up ur school....but its still really early. And some of those marks werent impressive. I mean they will improve too but injuries and people coming out of nowhere will change things. And anything can happen at state.

I don't think that talking up your school is the issue here. We all know anything can happen at state, but look at this team. As a whole, Zillah has yet to lose to any 1A, 2A, OR 3A schools that they have met up with. Including some tough bigger schools like Ephrata (nearly 100 kids) Toppenish, Grandview, Othello, and alot more. I'm a huge Zillah fan and will stick with them through the thick and thin, but these marks are very impressive.
Zach Sybouts is running consistant 11.2 or lower, in the 100 meter, high jumping 5'10", and had a throw of 167'10" yesterday at the Grandview Invitational, and has yet to run the 200. Jake Friedrich, as mentioned earlier, has jumped over 20 in the long, and over 40 in the triple. Not too shabby if ya ask me. The 4x100 team is running 45.05, with bad handoffs.
All those great marks, not to mention having Weston Argo run 43's in the 300 hurdles and triple jumping near 39. Chris Gay throwing 137+ in the disc, 42+ in shot. Steven Collins in throwing in the 150's in Jav, and the low 40's in Shot. Bennett Mayo running the 3200, and 1600 very consistantly. David Schaan is also back out this year, after running a 2:11 on Zillahs cinder track last year in the 800. Anthony Aguilar jumping 18'6" in the long. Carl Leos would be a force in the Javelin also, but isnt throwing because of back problems.
For a 1A school, you cannot say that these marks are not impressive. Zillah has shown that they have alot of great runners, and alot of great field event participants. They will be very tough once everyone is in shape, and have picked out their 4 events for the year.

at the grandview invatational with prosser,grandview,wapato,othello,hermiston,ki-be,quincy...the zillah boy's ended with 125 points, prosser 91, and grandview 79...zillah looks pretty good

"As a whole, Zillah has yet to lose to any 1A, 2A, OR 3A schools that they have met up with"

Grandview won the Othello relay, Zillah was there too.

Zillah does have a great number of athletes.

yes whole as in zillahs whole team. At the othello invite zillah only had half their team eligable including half of the athletes that went to state the year before. Since then it has been a different story.

What were the top throwers in the shot put at the grandview meet this last friday???and what were their distances????

Jav:
Z Sybouts (Zillah) 167-10
Artz (Grandview) 158-7
Long (Prosser) 157-10

Disc:
Ross (Hermiston) 142-5
Collins (Zillah) 123
Flowers (Hermiston) 122-8

Shot:
Anderson (Prosser) 47-1 1/4
Ross (Hermiston) 45-7
Mendoza (Ki-Be) 43-2