ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 SCAC Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
I am going to post the results of the previous week rather then making a new post for it.
Final Scores: Week 2:
Connell 45 Cashmere 7
Goldendale 26 Riverview 14
Wahluke 36 Cle Elum 47
DeSales 7 Burbank 32
Royal 48 Naches 0
KiBe 64 Highland 0
Zillah 41 Cascade 13
Granger 34 Mabton 6

Week 3
Starting off with the Game of the week. May be making the trek to Royal for this one.
Connell (2-0) @ Royal (2-0)
Cashmere (0-2) @ KiBe (2-0)
Warden (2-0) @ Wahluke (0-2)
Columbia (2-0) @ River View (0-2)
Zillah (2-0) @ Cle Elum (1-1)
Goldendale (1-1) @ White Swan (0-2)
La Salle (1-0) @ Highland (0-2)
Naches (0-2) @ Granger (1-1)

This week sounds like an easy week to pick, except for the first game.

Connell vs Royal. Both teams have shown great defense and offense against good opponents. I have seen both teams play and this should be a close game. I think Royal has the advantage with home field, but this could go either way. Here is what I can say:
Connell has 3 different running backs that are averaging ~5-8 yds a carry and at least 3 different receivers making tough catches. They have both speed and size but look a little thin on the line, but their heart makes up double their size.
Royal QB is 3rd year starter and likes to choose from any one of his 4-receivers for 8+ yds, including the running back that doubles as a receiver.. They are very well disciplined and everyone one fly's to the ball. The line does a good job stopping the run and getting to the QB.

Even though Cashmere is 0-2 I would not count this out yet. (even though they will get Royal next week. talk about strength of schedule) I think KiBe will have to come out with everything firing to beat them. KiBe has not seen much this year and this will be their first test before starting into league play. I will give it to KiBe as Cashmere is lacking the speed of the past and are struggling to move the ball down the field without turning it over. KiBe (35-28)

Columbia will sneak into Finley and take home the win. Burbank (21-20)

Zillah will have to trouble with Cle Elum (45-0)

Goldendale will keep the winning streak alive this week (36-14)

The lightning came out of week 1 with a win and should do the same this week. La Salle (32-7)

Naches will finally get a win this week if they can keep from turning over the ball. (21-14)

I can't believe I am picking KiBe over Cashmere. It just doesn't feel right.
Warden over Wahluke in a relatively close one.
Burbank over Riverview. That's gonna feel great for the Coyotes if they can pull it off.
Zillah trounces Cle Elum
G-Dale over White Swan
LaSalle over Highland
Granger over Naches

Love your analysis of Royal v Connell, Washington Sports, but who are you picking to win? With that I'll give my picks:

Royal over Connell but Royal better show up ready to play.
Cashmere over Ki Be because I physically can't type Cashmere and 0-3 together.
Warden over wahluke in a close one.
Columbia will beat River View (another 0-3 that's hard to believe).
Zillah easily over Cle Elum
Goldendale over white swan
LaSalle over Highland
Granger over Naches in a close one.

ADVERTISEMENT