ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 SCAC Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Just to start out, I apologize for not providing the correct games, got one week ahead of myself with the Cashmere/Naches game and missed Cle Elum. Nevertheless, everyone was perfect this week other then Cashmere beat Omak, not Naches.
La Salle (0) @ Zillah (35) --------------------------------------- Cashmere (54) @ Omak (7)
Goldendale (21) @ Granger (14) ------------------------------ Burbank (29) @ Highland (3)
Royal (61) @ Wahluke (8)-------------------------------------- Connell (56) @ Riverview (0)
Waitsburg (0) @ KiBe (39) ------------------------------------- Cle Elum (20) @ Naches (31)

I can see that 148 people have watched the 4 of us pick and I know they have something to say, so "Say it", give everyone some insight on the teams you think can win. We have a week full of district match-ups. Tell everyone who will prevail.

KiBe (4-1) @ Connell (4-1) - Game of the week. both teams are 4-1, with 443 combine offensive points, looking for the #2 spot on the East Side.
Cashmere (2-3) @ Naches (2-3) - Now we can all guess again on this one. lol
Riverview (1-4) @ Royal (5-0)
Chelan (0-5) @ Wahluke (1-4)
Burbank (3-2) @ Waitsburg (2-3)
Zillah (5-0) Goldendale (4-1)
Granger (1-4) @ Highland (0-5)
Cle Elum (1-4) @ La Salle (3-1)

I would be surprised if KiBe competes for long with Connell. I do have the Bears penciled in at the #3 unless they lay an egg with Wahluke.

Cashmere's 2-3 record is much better than Naches Valley's 2-3 record. Cashmere over Naches.

Wahluke should take Chelan unless big losses the past two weeks have taken a mental toll.

Burbank over Waitsburg I guess, but Burbank's 3-2 record is the weakest 3-2 record out there.

Zillah should take Goldendale without much resistance. The disparity between Zillah and the rest of the SCAC-West has hurt them before come playoff time in my opinion. Their non-league schedule hasn't done much for them either, but they do face Connell in the final week of the regular season. Looking forward to that one.

Granger keeps Highland winless.

LaSalle over Cle Elum. Cle Elum is really struggling.

KiBe @ Connell - Here is the way I see it, KiBe offensively have put up more points then any other team in the SCAC averaging over 47 pts per game. They have some top talent kids that make big plays and their defensive has shut out 2 of 5 teams.... and with that said should be a close game for the first 2 minutes. Connell (47-0)

Riverview is not going to be much for the Rayal passing game, though they may sneek in a lucky pass to get on the board. Royal (56-6)

Cashmere whooped KiBe who whooped Naches. Can't say if Naches has improved from the first game. Cashmere (51-0)

Not sure what to say about Chelan, either they have a hard schedule or just can't get things rolling. The should get more movement from the offense but Wahluke is big and will probably just push them back. Wahluke (53-26)

Burbank is hot and cold this year, so could be close or a shut out. either way I think Burbank comes out with another win before they get the Connell/Royal --1 - 2 punch. Starting to think Royal picked a schedule behind Connell on purpose. Burbank (21-6)

Zillah keeps rolling strong. I agree with Grenadier, the Connell game will finally show us if Zillah is going to be competitive in the playoffs. Zillah (36-7)

Granger should win, but I going to cheer for the Scotties. Granger (24-6)

LaSalle is not as good as I thought they would be, but will be more then Cle Elum is able to handle. This may be the closes game of the week. La Salle (27-20)

KiBe @ Connell - I'm gonna give Ki-Be a little more love than the rest of you. Not a whole lotta love but I'm guessing it's gonna be Connell 55-13. Just the fact Ki-Be can score means they may put some up late but Ki-Be doesn't seem to be much defensively so I'm guessing Connell is gonna score most of theirs before the half.

Cashmere @ Naches - Still ugly for Naches even if none of us caught the mix up last week. I'm sticking with my original pick of Cashmere 35-7. Doesn't Naches have their starting QB back yet? I thought he was good last year as a freshman so I keep thinking they are gonna get a little better this year once he's back from his suspension. Maybe not.

Riverview @ Royal - It's a double whammy at Royal. You get your "lunch handed to you" on the field then there's nowhere to get lunch after the game. Royal 56-7

Chelan @ Wahluke - This may be a chance for Chelan to prove they have had a tough schedule so far. I'm going against the grain and saying Chelan pulls it out in a close one 21-14. Those poor goats have played only top teams so far.

Burbank @ Waitsburg - Burbank over Waitsburg 28-14

Zillah @ Goldendale - Zillah crushin' it so far. I don't know how they keep up the intensity each week. Same this week. Zillah 42-7

Granger @ Highland - Granger 36-0

Cle Elum @ La Salle - La Salle at home will make them even tougher (even though they wear a lot of pink). Hard to figure Cle Elum out when they score the same amount of points against Zillah as they do against Naches. Maybe they have a little something in the tank that may come out. I still say La Salle 36-21

ADVERTISEMENT