ADVERTISEMENT

1A golf

golfballa88

Aug 31, 2002
i do not understand what this guy is arguing?? 1a golf, from my perspective (seattle) is very competitive, and has been for some time. The state scores are played under similar conditions, and the scores are very similar. i know of four 1a golfers since '01 that have gone to d1 schools. Kings' schools, which is now 2a has had somewhat of a dynasty since 2001 since richard woo won it as a freshman, and they took the state title. Seattle christian has also had a great tradition, as well as other schools. royal now has a very competitive team, which could very easilly compete with bigger schools. if you are going to argue that bad golf teams shouldnt exist, you would have to include almost all 3a teams east of the mountains, which are just embarassing. rethink your ideas when you know what you're talking about

I am arguing that not enough teams play golf to be considered for an actual state title, I don't care if the competiton that does participate is good or not, but when the SW and the NW really don't participate fully you can't be considered a state champion, I am not saying that golf isn't a sport or anything like that my opinion is with the realignment that the 1A schools and the B schools should form 1 classifcation like wrestling does.
This post was edited on 10/16 6:33 PM by chinookfan72if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

That the SW and the NW don't field teams in golf is a travesty and should be laid at the feet of the districts involved. The area north of Everett on up to Bellingham--and especially in and around Bellingham--is pretty good westside golf country. And the schools down south all have access to courses, but they don't seem to want to fund and field teams.

Heck, even in the SCAC--11 member schools--only Zillah, Royal, Wahluke, Warden, Highland, and Goldendale field teams---who knows about WWVA.... Riverview, Cle Elum (dude, they are mere miles from the best new course in the state), Burbank (Tri Cities is a good golf area, too) White Swan, and Granger don't have teams and should.

quick what is kalama's home course? for that matter what SW 1a town has a golf course? I don't know many that do, maybe Winlock and Toldeo share one like they share everything else, but to say that the SW has access to courses is a lie and a half.

how would Kalama get to 3 rivers. Its not like they could raise any money at a home tourney so how would the school afford to bus or Van kids to Woodland and back every day for 3 months, plus pay for the equipment, coaches, and all the other things that are required to have a team. P.S. did you drive from the schools of Napavine and Kalama to the corses to get the exact times it takes to get there? Bottomline is that without any funding the program can't get started and the ASB is already taxed to the limit, at Kalama, so there wouldn't be any funds available to have a team. Therefore unitl you find some funding or some support willing to donate time,and money you won't see a team down in k-town any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT