ADVERTISEMENT

2007-2008 CTL forcast

GottaLuvIt365

Nov 24, 2006
Who will be the team to beat this year? I know Omak and L.R lost a number of tough wrestlers. Will they be able to contend for a league championship? Cashmere lost their coach Brian James and it looks like old school coaches Bill Elliot and John Durheim will be taken over. Between them they have more championships than I have years of age. But, will they be able to use their old school techniques?

C-town has some incredible coaches coming back in the fold and a very talented freshman class to compliment the returning veterans. They will make alot of noise.

cashmere will be tough like they always have in the past but this year they will be second to chelan. i predict the ctl to look like this:
Chelan
Cashmere
LR
Omak
Okanogan
Tonasket
Cascade
Brewster

Chelan is coming into this year with two state placers, two state participants and many more talented juniors and sophmores. Cashmere has a nice group coming up with the freshman and also some talented vetrans. As posted above Omak and Lake Roosevelt took a big hit with the graduating classes. I predict the darkhorse of the CTL to be Lake Roosevelt just becsuae they are able to pull of some amazing things with their underclass men. Also they have a state champ.

watching the state tournament last year i can only say one thing about the CTL, young. all the teams look very young, talent wise id say a toss up between cashmere and chelan. lr, omak, tonasket all have rebuilding to do. cascade, brewster, and okanogan always seem to have a handful of wrestlers that are able to compete at the state level.

cashmere is always tough they have great coaches and their number of wrestlers is incredible at the 1A level. tanner wood is def the leader of the team

chelan, as a former wrestler i gotta speak the truth here, they have a strong core of wrestlers but i dont think the dedication is there.

anderson, schmidt, allen brothers, parkers, and garcia are all great wrestlers but they dont do the extra training in the off season to become a power house. they do however have a great coach in jay mcguffin

Bill Elliot and Dennis Young (former Liberty Bell coach) were the two best wrestling coaches in the NCW. They rival Oklahoma and Pennsylvania coaching styles and have had unbelievable success. Coach Elliot has expressed interest in helping at Cashmere with little response from current coaches. I sincerely believe he still has the "power" to transform boys into young men with his very realistic philosophy of "keeping it simple and basic"!

Do not count out Dave Mitchell at Tonasket. His incoming Frosh will be heard from in a hurry. Dave is a master on technique and has the ability to get his kids to a lot of Freestyle for early experience.

Look for both of these schools to "emerge" this season!

Cashmere doenst need to "emerge" cashmere has always been a powerhouse no matter what year. they some how each year pull out 20 kids that have some sort of talent. and your right tonasket does have an amazing coach in dave mitchell. But its not always the coach it comes down to how much the kids really want it. However that being said these will have some decent wrestlers and will definatley surprise some ppl

i heard Garcia from Chelan wont be wrestling this year because he is on a premier soccer team that wont allow him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT