ADVERTISEMENT

2009 GSL Season

eastsideballer

Nov 9, 2006
I know its early, really early but I am bored watching golf and wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on how the teams should fare, any particular players that will stand out and any newcomers moving up the ranks that should bolster their teams strength.

Re: 2009-2010 GSL Season

4A Teams: I heard Ferris should be back to the TOP of the GSL with some nice talent. Gonzaga Prep had a nice run at state and play in some good games but now they graduated Stockton but have another nice athlete on their team.

3A: Not sure much about the GSL expect maybe Shadle Park for 3A.

But I'm bored just like you bro haha...Miss the hoops!

Ok heres my take, I think there will be a much more balanced GSL this year. Five teams all have a good chance to make a run and there is certainly no clear cut favorite like there was last year with GP. I got a chance to watch a lot of teams play at a tournament this past weekend and it should be a good season to watch some great games. Here are my top five "pre pre season" picks.

1) Gonzaga Prep- They have their leading scorer back and compliment him with a solid group of incoming juniors that make for a pretty solid starting five.
2) Mead- Dunn will be back which will give them an inside presence and will make them more of a force than they have showed in the past.
3) Ferris- Balanced, return all their underclassmen and will be competitive in every game.
4) U-Hi- Yes I said it, U-Hi. They looked very solid this last weekend and have both the size and outside shooting to give teams all they can handle.
5-the rest- still a toss up

Originally posted by eastsideballer:
Ok heres my take, I think there will be a much more balanced GSL this year. Five teams all have a good chance to make a run and there is certainly no clear cut favorite like there was last year with GP. I got a chance to watch a lot of teams play at a tournament this past weekend and it should be a good season to watch some great games. Here are my top five "pre pre season" picks.

1) Gonzaga Prep- They have their leading scorer back and compliment him with a solid group of incoming juniors that make for a pretty solid starting five.
2) Mead- Dunn will be back which will give them an inside presence and will make them more of a force than they have showed in the past.
3) Ferris- Balanced, return all their underclassmen and will be competitive in every game.
4) U-Hi- Yes I said it, U-Hi. They looked very solid this last weekend and have both the size and outside shooting to give teams all they can handle.
5-the rest- still a toss up

I have never heard of U-Hi in Boys BB haha...so that should be interesting. U gonna check out Hoopfest? I wonder if these GSL studs will be in there...

I dont think many GSL varsity players participate in Hoopfest anymore as Gonzaga University has their team camp that same weekend which was in part set up to keep these kids off the streets playing Hoopfest.

I will be making yet another appearance in the +40 division, I suppose I am a glutton for punishment. How about you Coug?

I dont think many GSL varsity players participate in Hoopfest anymore as Gonzaga University has their team camp that same weekend which was in part set up to keep these kids off the streets playing Hoopfest.

I will be making yet another appearance in the +40 division, I suppose I am a glutton for punishment. How about you Coug?

NO...won't be there but wish I was. I know tons of people who will be there playing for sure!

NO...won't be there but wish I was. I know tons of people who will be there playing for sure!

Are you in the Walker, Cane, or Prune Juice division?

I think all of the above. Just looked at the brackets and we are in the parking lot of the arena. WTF?? Either Rick is too embarrassed to have us downtown or we are playing a bunch of 30 something guys. I should have fudged on my new guys age, apparently 35 wasnt old enough. Give me a shout will ya? Got some news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT