ADVERTISEMENT

**2012 2A Playoff Pick 'Em** FINAL STANDINGS

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Thanks to everyone for participating, always fun. Just finished the final calculations, and amidst a valiant effort from Peteypab8, NWC Fball fan was able to hold off a late push:

Congrats to NWC Fballfan!

FINAL STANDINGS

1. NWC Fballfan 46.5
2. Peteypab8 46
3. BE Fan 44.5
4. Macman28 42.5
4. Little_Lion)Man 42.5
6. Smallpox 41.5
6. cougarhouse 41.5
8. Westside4 41
8. Football_Fever3 41
10. maroonandblue 39.5
10. sport11821 39.5
12. gooddog1 38
12. innocentbystanderLL 38
14. nunya_biz 37
15. borderite2000 36.5
16. Warrant3 30.5
17. kart17wins 29.5
18. txkill 25.5
19. Moch77 25
20. northeast_a 22
21. PMForever 16
22. Rainmaker2112 14
23. LW-Observer 12
24. scorebooks 12
25. DaunteGouge 10
26. Zagalicious 8

Of course, congrats to the Lynden Lions players and coaches for a tremendous run through the playoffs. There was never any doubt who the best team on the field was.

Again, thanks everyone for playing along, already looking forward to next year. Have a great offseason!

Thanks FF3 for all of the time you have put in with the Pick Em contest, it was great fun and doesn't hurt to be a little lucky! I'm also looking forward to next year already as it should be a very interesting NWC race.

Thanks once again for putting the time into the "Pick Em". Congratulations to Lynden. I've said it before and I'll say it again they are a team that plays with class win or lose. I know next year there are a few teams in the NWC waiting to knock them off the Conference perch. I know it's way to early, but Squalicum, Sedro Woolley & Burlington return a lot of players. How long til the first game?

I agree BE Fan, any of the teams you listed could win the confrence title and I would probably say BE would be the favorites. Going into next season without Lynden being the overwelming favorite will be really strange, but I will say Lynden will have enough talent on the field to beat any one of those teams. I'm not sure if the home games change year to year in the NWC but if they do BE and Sqallicum will both have to play @ Lynden. Should be a very interesting year!

I for one will never under estimate what Lynden will be able to put on the field. Especially with the coaching staff they have up there. Just 3 short years ago some thought Lynden would be down then that incredible sophomore class stepped up. Although my friend who's a freshmen coach for B-E warned me about the class coming up that year.
This post was edited on 12/5 9:38 AM by B-E Fan

I too am looking forward to how next season will unfold. There is no doubt, that this year's Sr. class at Lynden was a special one. Even as sophomores back in '10, many were contributing to that team that went undefeated in the regular season. Losing 19 of 22 starting positions to graduation will be a difficult task for Kramme and his staff.

With that said however, because this year's Sr. class was as talented as they were, I guarantee there will be a large number of kids who were backups this year, that would have played on any other team in the county, but they were all behind so much incredible talent.

I agree with BEFan, and will never underestimate what the Lions will put on the field, regardless of talent level, as Kramme and his staff are just that good at putting together football teams. No doubt, the Lions will "come back to the field" next season, but I bet we will see some of that unknown talent, now that they will be given the chance to not be behind one of the many Sr's from this years class.

ADVERTISEMENT