ADVERTISEMENT

2A District 1/2 Tourney

Little_Lion_Man

Mar 5, 2012
So, I have three different accounts, and for each of them I still can't post in the 2A bball forum, and it's the only forum I can't post in, so I'm doing it here... I notice most people posting tend to check both sections anyway. So if you're 1A - please forgive me!

Assuming that Anacortes beats Ferndale tonight (which they should), they'd have a 9-2 record and be locked in the #2 seed, leaving just the 3 and 4 to be determined - all between B-E, Sehome, and Squally. Burlington plays Blaine on Friday - chalking that as a W for them, putting them to 8-3. Sehome plays LC on Friday - I'm guessing that's a loss, putting them to 7-4 (though it's at Sehome, and they are fairly tough - I don't see this as a lock). Squalicum only has Anacortes left as a must-win game.

the Burlington-Sehome game seems like it'll be for the 3/4 seed, but there's a chance that all three finish at 8-4. What's the procedure for a three-way tie? Squalicum would have losses to both, so would they be the odd man out? It would make the most sense, but often what makes the most sense isn't necessarily the case. Someone help me out...

My understanding is that head-to-head is the tie-breaker. Sehome has the most difficult road with LC and BE on the horizon. If they win one they're in the way I see it. If they lose both, they will need Anacortes to beat Squalicum (no easy task) at Squally. The Sehome loss to Ferndale at home could really come back to bite them.

I'd recommend you contact Dirk Knudsen about byour problem. It shoudn't be that tough to solve.

We already tried a few things... he said there shouldn't be any forums that need permission, but I've made three names now, and can't post in the 2A forum with any of them.

If it is just head-to-head then Squalicum has a tough road ahead of them. It's too bad that one of two good teams will miss the chance to fight in the post-season!

I'm with you LLM. I can't post on the 2A either, which is a little frustrating...I think you've got the scenarios right though. Sehome definitely has the toughest road ahead. Lucky for them, they get LC at home for the second year in a row. Unlucky for them, both LC and BE are very difficult teams to beat no matter the circumstances. I think Sehome will lose both and be out.

Given the number of 1A teams talked about here that are in 2A combo leagues, I don't think a few posts are going to bother us too much until the problem is fixed. Please prefix the titles with 2A:

I do. I think they've got alot more to play for. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's also senior night. Squali's been playing great well lately also. Took LC right down to the wire and were a brain fart away from winning at LC, which has only lost at home once in the past 2 years. Neutral court or @ Anacortes, I think Anacortes wins handily, or at any point in the playoffs. I think this game, Squali gets em.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT