ADVERTISEMENT

NWC Pick-em

B-E Fan

Oct 14, 2009
The start of the season is only a couple of days away and I have not seen a Pick-em from Football_Fever3 yet, so I'm going to throw this one out there. However, if FF3 posts his then disregard this one. Scoring for this Pick-em will be 1 point per correct choice, 2 points for game of the week, also pick margin of victory for the game of the week ... closest to margin will receive an addition 1/2 point. My game of the week each week will be the one I think will be the "best" game that week.

This pick-em will include all games involving a NWC 2A team.

Week #1

Squalicum @ Kinsgston

Meridian @ Burlington

Anacortes @ Friday Harbor

Nooksack Valley @ Sehome

Kings vs Lynden

Mount Baker @ Bellingham

Mount Vernon @ Sedro Woolley (Game of the week) Margin of Victory

This post was edited on 9/4 10:40 AM by B-E Fan

Squalicum...A lot of returners and talent. Just one of 4 (yes 4) teams that I believe can take the #1 2A seed out of NWC.

Burlington...Also returning a lot and have a very talented Jr class to supplement a strong Sr class. The 2nd of my co-favs.

Friday Harbor ....Anacortes has to be improved..right? Still not enough though.

Sehome .... Sehome is getting stronger and could be a major factor, but not quite one of my top four.

Lynden... Yes, they've lost a lot of great talent, but still have traditional good athletes and same coaching. 3rd of favs.

Mount Baker .... I'm just feeling that Anacortes & Bellingham will be the only two teams not competing for post season.

Sedro Woolley...My final co-favorite. They return a lot and have a pretty strong Sr. class. I'm picking SW by 11.

Thanks BE! I actually just logged on for the first time in MONTHS, and thought I should get the Pick 'Em up. You were a step ahead of me however. If you want to run with it, GO FOR IT, definitely not "my thing".

I have noticed that the traffic on the boards have really died. Here is to hoping that with the start of the season, things will pick up a bit.

Squalicum

Burlington

Anacortes

Nooksack Valley

Kings

Bellingham

Mount Vernon by 10 (Game of the week) Margin of Victory

Squalicum OVER Kingston: Every year, we hear about how the Storm have a great group of skill position players, and every year the Storm are really soft. Here is to hoping that they are able to put some things together with so many kids coming back.

Burlington OVER Meridian: Hearing a lot of positive things from down south. Biggest question I have, can the '13 version of the Tigers be more mentally tough in the close games?

Friday Harbor OVER Anacortes: Hopefully the Seahawks are a little bit improved from last season.

Sehome OVER Valley: Zeigler right, Zeigler left, Zeigler straight forward.

Lynden OVER Kings: Should be a fun afternoon down at Husky Stadium!

Baker OVER Bellingham: Physical football will win this one for the Mounties.

Sedro OVER MV: Sedro will progressively get better under Coach Ward, and this being the 2nd season under him, I believe the improvement will be noticeable right away. Sedro by 17.

Squalicum over Kingston.... Will the Storm finally put it all together? Maybe, should know a lot more after their week 2 match up against Sedro.
Burlington over Meridian... The Tigers should be the favorites to win the NWC.
Friday Harbor over Anacortes... Not sure the Seahawks will be much better than last year.
Sehome over NV... With a little improvement Sehome could challenge for a playoff spot.
Lynden over Kings... In a very close game.This is a tough one, the Lions lost so much talent but always seem to have more waiting in the wings. If the lions can weather there first few games and gel as a team they definitely have the talent to make a run at the league title.
Baker over Bham... The Raiders just aren't there yet.
Sedro over Mt Vernon... I think the Cubs win this one by 14.

Ask Kingston who returned 19 starters from a round a 16 2012 playoff team how soft SQ is.? Oh didn't SQ win 6 games last year also, ask those 6 teams how soft SQ was! Wow what a comment! Pretty obvious you not like SQ much, but they still are not a doormat as you imply every year.

Beating Bellingham, Abbotsford, SW (barely), Anacortes, Sehome, etc. are wins, but they aren't any that jump out. Maybe Kingston last season..... Until Squally does something to beat those teams ahead of them, then they can start claiming something.

Nobody is claiming anything, the media says they have tons a skill kids every year but we all know football games are won in the trenches. So I agree until they can get it done up front they will remain a .500 ish team. They might score a few more points this season which could make for some high scoring affairs. Quite sure there are a lot of teams in the state that would liked to have won 6 games last season. No need to pick apart their schedule, they play all the same teams as every one else and I'm quite sure BE was feeling quite lucky to have gotten a W in last seasons game. Since Lynden won't be blowing people out this season maybe you'll think they are a little soft also....HAHA.

I am sure a lot of teams want to win 6 games every year... no problem with that, but I think the point is that every year we hear that they are going to take the next step. And winning 6 games against those teams is good, but not good enough. We shall see...

Re: Lynden....As long as they win by 1 point, who cares! I will take that over any of Squally's 6 wins last year (blowouts or not).

ADVERTISEMENT