ADVERTISEMENT

Blaine travels to Port Townsend........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
....tomorrow in a loser out contest. I'm expecting the Borderites to get it done so thay can play Mt Baker for the 5th time this season.

I hear that It is really hard to travel up there and get a "fair fight" if you know what I mean.

I've watched Blaine play a few times recently, and I really felt they were turning the corner. They've had fire power. They were missing confidence through much of the season. Man that is disappointing.

so, what is known about Pt Townsend? They beat Nisqually #4 and then a Blaine team that took a good Baker team down to the wire. Lucky or good?

Port Townsend is the sole 1A team in a mainly 2A conference, so their record may or may not tell the whole story. What it does show me is that they tend to play to the level of their competitor, They are getting hot at the right time and played the last two at home where they did not make many mistakes. Cody Russell, Brian LeMaster, Paul Spaltenstein are some of their hot players right now. Russell has been dangerous from behind the arc this year and you have to give O'Brian, their point, some credit for better distribution with fewer turnovers during this February push. PT can defend three point shooting as well, since it appears outside scoring teams have been below their average. As I stated in an earlier post, it is dangerous to play on the road, and the Redskins will not have home team advantages at Mountlake Terrace.

The story on last night's game is at http://t.co/lduWVw0O where you can read about Spaltenstein setting two state scoring records. I'm just kidding on that last part. :)

That is interesting and helpful. Can't believe that league is tougher than nwc, but agree it makes comparison tough.they do have a loss to nisqually league lesser light chimacum, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Can't see them beating Mt baker though they must be playing with confidence. I think baker is more dangerous matchup for CC.

Mount Baker is a little eratic, so I could see that game swinging either way. Still think Baker will do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT