ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Park Christian (Bothell) 15-0

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Cedar Park Christian (Bothell) 66 Bellevue Christian 42. Bellevue Christian led 3-2 early, but trailed the rest of the game by a large margin. CPC used a lot of different weapons tonight. Hot hand Luke Saufferer scored 18. Team captains Evan Scholten and Anthony Almeida teamed up with 11 & 14. Isaiah Penchion hit 10 and was perfect at the line. For BCS, Jake Marvin had 17 with a bunch of desperation 3s in waning minutes. CPC heads home to face Eatonville Friday in a big District 3 Nisqually league matchup.
This post was edited on 1/23 8:39 AM by FilmDoesn'tLie

Is there a playoff in the Nisqually League or do final standings determine seeding?

District 3 post season info is posted here:
http://www.wiaadistrict3.com/index.php?district=3&gender=B&league=0&page_name=sport_home&school=0&sport=3&tab=2
Since only the tri-District is listed, I think it is pretty safe to say standings determine the D3 "going into" tri-district seeding. Nisqually is the only 1A league in D3, so the playoff race started back in early December. Tri-District Bracket was linked in my earlier post.
Nisqually standings here: http://www.maxpreps.com/league/YKcz5KJSKkC0PRXWXzJFPg/standings-1a-nisqually.htm
This post was edited on 1/23 8:39 AM by FilmDoesn'tLie

Cedar Park Christian took care of business and cruised to their 16th victory last night vs. Nisqually #2 Eatonville 67-44. Evan Scholten had a great game with 22 points and a load of rebounds assists and blocks and CPC looked to be right back in early season form after some mid season doldrums. Bear in mind though that Eatonville had three player scratched from their lineup including 6'5" Jesse Waddles and had some guys in 1st half foul trouble. The home court was rocking last night as CPC's student section continued to make it both a great game atmosphere and a tough place for away teams to win.

Next up is a tough league away game vs. Cascade Christian who has a new share of Nisqually #2 where the Cougars hope to blemish the Eagles record. The Cougs have shown historically they can finish strong, but will need to overcome memories of a 38 point loss in this matchup at the beginning of the month.

Unless Cedar Park suffers a complete and utter meltdown, their Nisqually league title is all but locked up as they have opened up a 4 game lead with 4 remaining over both Cascade Christian and Eatonville. That means based on their top seed going into the tri-district bracket they will have already secured a trip to state regionals. (in Mt. Vernon?).

While the tri-district (D1,D2,D3) top seed matchups on Feb.14th & 16th in Lynnwood and Mountlake Terrace respectively are not absolute must win games since they are for regionals seeding purposes, they will be must not miss games with some great 1A teams, so reschedule those Valentine's Day dates or hope your significant other is a hoops fan.

Makes me wish I could be back home watching these teams! Consider yourselves lucky my friends. I have to catch everything on Hudl, the radio, and from my prior knowledge of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT