ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Dunn runs a 10.84 in the 100!

mikejones9

Apr 26, 2006
Hasn't lost a race yet this year. Only a sophomore. He did place 3rd and 4th in a top-of-the-line race in Vegas over Spring Break, but that was not through high school team. There was a lot of big-name kids at that meet nationally.
This post was edited on 4/19 8:12 PM by mikejones9if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 4/24 10:16 AM by mikejones9if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: colton dunn

Dunn ALSO ran a 10.84 at the Twilight Meet at Columbia River High School on Friday.

Fantastic.

Re: colton dunn

colton dunn is a total stud sprinter but....
the 10.84 time was hand timed so you have to round it up to 10.9.
convert that to electronic time and you get 11.14.
again colton dunn is great but get the times accurate.

I may have been misinformed but until he backs it up with at least one more sub 11fat run, i am not convinced. His second best time this year is 11.0 hand. Converted to 11.24. That is a huge drop to 10.84fat. I wish him well and look forward to seeing him run at state.

Dunn was athlete of the meet at today's Shelton Invitational. His winning times were 11.39,22.50 and 50.38. Hockinson's winning 4 X 400 time was 3:30.13.

The Female athlete of the meet was Jade Langston of Seattle Academy.

Nice running. Looks like he is not the only young sprinter out there. At the Tomahawk Invite today in Marysville sophomore Josh Fuller ran 11.19, 22.58 and 50.33. I would love to see these two race head to head. That would be a great track race.

That would be a very interesting matchup indeed. There are many matchups we would love to see but for many reasons they just can't work, usually because of classification and then they can't get into the same non-league meets. Also, I would love to see Hamilton and Dunn go head-to-head.

Cash Brown will dominate if he raced with Hamilton and Dunn, and this is his first year doing track

Thats funny. Some kid that nobody has ever heard of, then someone says something about him, and its his...what? 2nd post on here. Odd.

11.18...Thats almost 10.8 or 10.9 Fat time...

No, I believe that is an 11.18 hand time. Which rounds up to what 11.4...If this kid is so amazing, why wasn't he at the Pasco Invite? I mean Royal isn't too far from Pasco, and I am sure that 11.18 met the qualifying standard. So, lets not talk crap, until 11.18, turns into something actually amazing.

Cash Brown ran 11.94 converted on april 20th and a 24.24c as well. I am sure that he dropped almost a second off his time in a week. Right. Love to hear that folks are excited about a sprinter but let's be realistic.

Ryan Hamilton is one of the few sprinters this year who has put up consistent sub 11 automatic times. He is the man. Brown not. Dunn not.

Is it the Cash Brown from royal?? i heard he had ran a 10.98 last? And he's breaking records of some sort?? come on now who doesn't know this kid he is a first year which is why his name doesn't get around..maybe when he takes state everyone will know him.

Re: Cash Brown vs. Colton Dunn

I'm sure if Dunn comes down to royal Brown would give him a chance to race the best..it would be in Brown's hometown but if Dunn is that good he would come. And i read Brown's time in the paper it was (electrical timed)can't get any more legit than that.

I agree, rodfather, Hamilton is the man. He's a senior, had much more experience, and he's a tremendous athlete.

Dunn is a sophomore, still not near where he will be senior year.

I'm not saying that Dunn could necessarily beat Hamilton right now, but I AM saying it would still be fun race to watch. :)

As for Cash Brown.. haven't heard anything on him. He hasn't broke any records to my acknowledgement, and he isn't up there in the top times on any track sites.

So until I see some legit proof that this guy means business..

To start off. Hamilton is the man this year in sprinting. he has had sub 11 time througout the year. Dunn has gone under 11 ....i think 4 times. he is also a sophmore. even the people at junior olympic nationals dont run under 11 consistantly at that age.
and for the josh fuller kid. dunn is more experienced and has seen the best sprinters in the united states. he wouldnt beat dunn, let alone hamilton.

Never said Fuller would beat Hamilton but Fuller ran 11.19 at Tomahawk while Dunn ran 11.16 (automatic personal record) at Shelton. They sound pretty close to me.

2007 Outdoor Season - Sophomore
100 Meters
1 11.0 V F Thu, Mar 15 battleground vs hockinson
1st 10.97 V F Tue, Mar 20 Heritage vs Columbia River
1 11.0 V F Mon, Mar 26 Hudson's Bay vs Skyview
1 11.25 V F Thu, Apr 12 Hockinson/R.A. Long/Vancouver Christian
1 11.41a V F Sat, Apr 14 Al McKee Invitational
* 10.84a V F Fri, Apr 20 Columbia River Twilight
2 11.16a V P Sat, Apr 28 Shelton Invitational (B&G)
1 11.39a V F Sat, Apr 28 Shelton Invitational (B&G)

In looking at the debate over times I find myself puzzled by the (10.84a), question - is this an abberation or is it real? In review of Dunn's season one notes the only time actually under 11 sec., is this disputed 10.84, the 10.97 is reported as hand time yet not properly rounded up to 11. The reason I call into question 10.84a, is in this run he was not challenged over the past weekend he had competition and could not go faster than 11.16a, the 10.84a is a point 57 drop from the week before without being pressed and in a competitive race a week later he cannot go near there. I believe the 10.84 is a hand time needing to be rounded up to 10.9 with the conversion of 11.14c. either way given his race pattern to date he is up and coming and surely a threat at 2A state, strong comp coming from the sprinters at Prosser.

cash brown will completely dominate anyone that wants to race him. Is hamilton in 4a? cause if he is, a healthy aaron wafer will dominate at the state meet

i agree with tailgatorfan that hamilton will lose to wafer at the state meet. they would both lose if cash brown was in 4a

Cash Brown would be slaughtered by Hamilton. Not sure about Wafer, haven't heard much about him.

I believe his first name is Aaron.

Can anyone give me details about Wafer?

I'm going to proceed to athletic.net and a few other sites, but still some insight would be good.

i think we should the best 20 sprinters is the 100 200 and 400 in the state and just race. then we could see who is really the best. but then again that would never happen. haha

Aaron Wafer, Moses Lake, class of 2007, is the returning 4A State 200 champion. He is reported injured and has not run much so far this season when doing so he has been off his game, 11.48FAT & 22.94FAT. I am unsure of his return to the track with any meaningful effort this season.

At present Hamilton is putting down the times each week state-wide the others mentioned here are fine sprinters in their own right, however, it is doubtful if any of them ready to beat Hamilton.

Jamal - i totally agree. until anyone else puts up consistent non hand timed sub 11s hamilton is the man.

CASH

Hamilton is the JV, Cash Brown is all varsity.
This post was edited on 5/3 8:24 AM by Swimfan50if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Ah that's too bad, sounds like Wafer could've been the man to compete or even take down Hamilton.

But Hamilton is a tremendous athlete and will only get better as he goes into state.

And remember when we're talking about Dunn, he's still only a sophomore. He will have his chance to be the man.

As of now, it's all Hamilton and it sounds like it good have been all Wafer too.

State track and field leaders

State track and field leaders

Through April 29, as reported "to Washington Track Weekly"

FAT: Fully automatic timing (add .24" to hand-timed results for comparison). "

Boys

100 meters — FAT: Ryan Hamilton, Evergreen (Vancouver), 10.71;Marlon Murray, Highline, 10.81; Ezra John Griffey, Decatur, 10.89. Hand-timed: Andre' Jennings, Ferris, 10.5; Stephone Jordan, Garfield, 10.6,Mike Vetter, La Salle, 10.6.

200 — FAT: Ryan Hamilton, Evergreen (Vancouver) 21.71; Andre' Jennings, Ferris, 21.99;Marlon Murray, Highline, 21.01. Hand-timed:Stephone Jordan, Garfield, 21.8; Ezra John Griffey, Decatur, 21.8; Ashtin Mott, Lake Stevens, 21.9.

400 — Ryan Barrett, Graham-Kapowsin, 48.80;Mason McHenry, Sehome, 48.80; Isak Bergman, Ellensburg, 48.91.

800 — Nectaly Barbosa, Prosser, 1:49.94; Isak Bergman, Ellensburg, 1:51.22; Abdi Hassan, Nathan Hale, 1:51.90.

1600 — Michael Chinchar, Kentwood, 4:08.23 (converted from mile time); Nectaly Barbosa, Prosser, 4:08.66;Abdi Hassan, Nathan Hale, 4:11.1.

3200 — Max O'Donoghue-McDonald, Seattle Prep, 8:59.73; Jake Riley, Sehome, 9:00.50; Dak Riek, Mariner, 9:04.49.

110 hurdles — FAT: Stephone Jordan, Garfield, 14.43;Tim Armstrong, East Valley (Spokane), 14.54;Ekai Stone, Evergreen (Vancouver) 14.66. Hand-timed: Armstrong, East Valley, 14.2; David Butler, North Central, 14.4; Josh Garrett, Curtis, 14.5; Adam Walden, Newport 14.5.

300 hurdles — FAT: Stephone Jordan, Garfield, 37.96; Jay Hopkins, Everett, 38.79; Miles Timpe, Enumclaw, 39.05. Hand-timed: Tim Armstrong, East Valley (Spokane), 39.3; Beau Stevie, Liberty Bell, 39.6; Shon Davis, Central Valley, 39.7.

Shot put — Steven Ayers, Sehome, 63-4; Sam Washington, Lincoln, 59-1 ½; Renard Williams, South Kitsap, 57-6.

Discus — Steven Ayers, Sehome, 179-3; Matt Gill, West Valley (Yakima), 169-11; Sam Washington, Lincoln, 168-6.

Javelin — David Musson, Colville, 211-2; Joe Zimmerman, Lewis and Clark, 202-0; Nick Lyons, DeSales, 198-11.

High jump — Ross VanZanten, Mark Morris, 6-8 ¼; Eric Kasinger, Skyview, 6-8, Keefe Brockman, Hanford, 6-8.

Long jump — Magaiva Herman, Hudson's Bay, 24-0; Toney Henderson, Gig Harbor, 23-9; Robert Cramer, Camas, 22-7.

Triple jump — Magaiva Herman, Hudson's Bay, 47-6 ¾; Antoine Simms, Yelm, 44-9. William Davis, Central Valley, 44-8 ½.

Pole vault — Sam Sampson, Squalicum, 15-6, Justin George, Yelm, 15-6; Daniel Thompson, Camas, 15-6.

400 relay — Evergreen (Vancouver), 42.19; Beamer, 42.60; Highline, 42.86.

1600 relay — Kentwood, 3:23.63;Central Valley, 3:23.6; Eastlake, 3:24.27.

This along with revew of today's Vancouver Columbia paper account of the best runners in that area, Dunn is listed at 10.9 (obviously a round up on his 10.84-hence not FAT).

As noted the 2d fastest sprinter in the state to date, Marlon Murray, Highline, 10.81, and Jennings, of Ferris a hand time (10.5), with a FAT (21.99). Jennings coming back from a hamstring in 2006, has tweaked it and been resting for the bigger meets. It is a good bet if healthy he is the legit challenge to Hamilton and they both are 4A.

As for Wafer at his best it has been my observation healthy or otherwise not a match for Hamilton or Jennings as he has never competed well against either.

I mean honestly...I ran a 9.80...Isn't that the world record? I think it is...But ummm nobody saw me run it because I was simply too fast to be caught in a photo finish, but I AM LEGIT, I PROMISE...Hamilton and Wafer aren't even fast compared to me...

...DAMN Cash, shut up. Obviously you are outstanding, and that is why there have been...Zero articles, or results saying you've ran anything faster than a 11.94. So lets not begin to try and take down big guns like Hamilton and Wafer. Until you run under 11, and have stats, to back that up and prove that you did. Please stop running your mouth.

Dang a 9.80, thats awesome. but that sucks that no one saw. i bet you would of been famous. well maybe next time

Nut uh, it was uhhh...Me and Justin Gaitlin. But he is just ashamed to admit that he was beat by a high schooler.

haha, I was just reading thru these posts to see what if any thing there was on Ki-Be but got a kick out of these posts. what all of you have to realize is that swimfan is just nuts, and i do mean NUTS, about royal city athletics. Thinks that everyone at RHS is the best in the league, region, and state at everything. I know that this isn't a baseball post, but just to give you an idea, swimfan thinks that a certain player at Royal should be league MVP because he hit 7 homeruns this year. Other than that he doesn't appear as a leader in anyother catagory, so please excuse them for the overabundant exuberance, probably doesn't know any more about track then baseball.It is a good thing to support your teams and that is one area that swimfan doesn't lack, so please be indulgent and forgiving, like you would to a unknowing child.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT