ADVERTISEMENT

Connell Wins District

Eagle High

Nov 7, 2006
The Eagles stepped up today and beat the East side #1 Goldendale and then swept RiverView in the finals 3-0. Great showing Eagles and good luck at STATE. Maybe this will open up some eyes on all league. To bad you got short changed. Players and coaches. Go Eagles

Congrats to the Eagles!!! I might agree with you in regard to the all league selection, but go and asked the girls if they would have traded the total domination that they displayed this weekend for a few individual awards...I bet they will tell you that winning as a team is more rewarding. They are playing like they have something to prove...look out everyone in Yakima.

I wouldn't worry to much about "all league" selections. If it's anything like NEA, it's chock full of politics and favorites. They mean little in the long run and if your a good player, people that know the sport know who they are. Good luck at state!

Short changed? Give me a break. Just because you are on a winning team doesn't mean that you are all league material. Connell is a very good volleyball team that is well coached and carried by some key players. With the exception of one player on the 1st team all league, the selections were accurate.

So much for coming out of Districts #1...It looks like the Eagles got a pretty tough draw. Lynden Christian to open, followed by a possible second round meeting with Lakeside.

At least they aren't in the bottom half of the bracket with Kings, Chelan, and Colfax. Tough half of a bracket!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT