ADVERTISEMENT

Corral being rested last night?

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Corral wasn't on the scorecard for the Falcons last night... wasports or statewide, any knowledge about that?

I assume, with league locked up, that they are resting her and making sure she doesn't get injured.

Is this accruate?

Just crossing my fingers that she didn't get injured again! Ahhh

Here is what I heard, she has been having a little more issues with her knee. I think they will let that knee rest as long as possible. If there is any chance that they think a re-injure is more than possible, I would not be a bit surprised if she doesn't play again. I hope that is not the case but she has to start thinking about her college career.

One advantage for Prairie is that a lot of girls are getting a real opportunity to step up. And I am going to make a prediction: by the time Cori Woodward graduates there are going to be a lot of colleges after her. She is one talented bball player. She can run a team with confidence. It would not surprise me if she ends up at a Pac12 school.

And the future looks good. There were some very talented girls playing at half time with some good size. Prairie's 8th grade squad is going to step right in and make a difference.

The Columbian stated something to the affect on an unspecified injury. Was told she was there and walking around as normal but didn't play.

They had a nice little ceremony honoring Aldridge's 700 victories and the team wore uniforms from the early nineties. They looked funny at first and then suddenly the huge baggie shorts worn by Kelso looked odd.

Corral was walking around fine but it was obvious early she was not going to play. I am keeping my fingers crossed she is on the court come playoffs. Kelso was a very big team but Prairie just ran circles around them last night. Regular season over!!

Statewide: Kelso is not a big team, unless they have imported a few foreign exchange students in the last week. They are also very shallow from the bench.
The Falcons have talent, agreed. But they haven't faced any defense since skyview. Good players can score and create. Division I players can do that against a solid defense. That has yet to be seen and therfor too early to make any predictions. There is only one D-1 player on that team and she is going to UW.
As for the Falcon 8th grade, When Corral was in 7th, she played up on the 8th grade team. They won almost every tournament they entered. They dominated all of our local teams and beyond. Fact; Only one of the kids from that team played as senior.
This post was edited on 2/4 5:54 PM by wasports
This post was edited on 2/4 5:56 PM by wasports

Kelso had some very big girls, not so much in overall height but the combination of decent height and big bodies. Skyview is definitely a very good team this year. I asked one of the Prairie parents how did that score happen. He said some good defense by Skyview and 11 for 60 shooting by Prairie.

Yep, families move, players transfer so there is no guarantee who will play for Prairie. But they looked good. Who knows how Prairie will do this year but pretty much the same group finished second last year without their only D1 player. I would say they are as good as any other top 10 team in the state.

I didn't see the game against Buena and I am sure you didn't either so I am not sure that I am going to declare that Skyview is the best defense they have seen.
This post was edited on 2/4 6:37 PM by statewide

Don't over sell them. You could be disappointed. How many other top ten teams have you seen play this year? If they have a player that to plays for themselves and not the team, the post season will be short.
And, they are not the same team they were last year. Not even close. They may be in a better position than year ago due to a weaker class. They will find out which is the case very soon.

overselling. I said they are as probably as good as any other top 10 team and it wouldn't be me that is overselling them but rather the AP and Seattle Times poll. I watched a lot of games last year and a lot this year and I see two teams that are almost identical. That doesn't mean they will end up playing for the championship again as there are just too many other factors, whose hot and whose not.

Yeah we will find out soon how they will fare. Weaker class? Explain............

I agree with you here. I think Prairie, when they are on, can compete with any team in the state. I don't care if they don't have height. Aldridge has the capability to get them to succeed and they have the skills. It just has to happen. It may not.... but the ability and potential is there.

There are a lot of things factoring into a trophy at state for the Falcons right now and whether they get that trophy or not depends on if those variables are all defined accurately and if everything falls into place (sorry for this run-on sentence
3dgrin.gif
)

Having a weak league doesn't doom a team performance-wise necessarily. Look at Boise State football. Those guys competed at a high level and could hold their own against top teams even though their conference was miserable.

wasports: I respect you and your knowledge, as well as your insight. But if we're being honest here, you seem to just be filled with frustration and negativity about the program right now.

I may be wrong here, but if I had to guess based on the two times I have seen the current 8th grade team in action, there will be 3-5 freshmen on the varsity roster next year. At least 2 will make an immediate impact. If I remember correctly there were two pretty sizable girls on that team too.

It's just a guess, again, I may be wrong. But I have confidence in the program as long as Aldridge is there, no matter how small the team is.

MRI on the 5th for Corral. I guess the guy sitting next to me knew what he was talking about.
This post was edited on 2/5 7:50 AM by statewide
This post was edited on 2/6 11:18 AM by statewide

Fair enough. I can understand that my point of view may come across that way. It's more about being realistic and remaining impartial by not drinking the cool aid.
There is a lot more to a successful program than meets the eye. If there wasn't, everyone and anyone could easily emulate.
The 2 or 3 other quality programs in the GSHL (boys and girls) have this ingredient or at least understand it. The hope is that more recognize this and embrace. Not sure if the desire is there.

Class 3A. Skyview demolished the Falcons and they are 6th in 4A.
Falcons are #1 in a Weaker class. Kamiakin is 2nd. Have you seen them play? Watch them.
Cleveland could be the exception when the smoke clears.
Falcons narrowly escaped Camas. Definatly not a top ten team and the Falcons will most likely face them once again in the district finals. Deja vu?

escaped Camas by 20. Have you seen Kamiakin play? Skyview demolished Prairie (1st win ever over the Falcons) but Prairie shot 11-60. Anybody would beat that performance.

Hocksports and I come here as fans of Prairie. We drink the koolaid because we are fans. You have a different agenda. I could say that Prairie's colors are crimson and gold and you would argue the point. You constantly talk of transfers in and fail to recognize the transfers out such as Adams to Skyview, the other girls who ended up at St Mary's. For years the Spokane schools had open enrollment. And last, Prairie does not have to play a single 4A team from here on out.

Falcons did not break the Camas game open until Camas cleared the bench late in the 4th following the leading scorer fouling out. The Falcons stayed on the gas against the second squad for this very argument.
Kamiakin looks good but not close to the Holy Names of 2011.
11-60 shooting do to total domination in the paint by the Storm with highly contested lay ups forcing them to shoot from behind the arc under pressure from taller gaurds. Give credit where credit is due. That's what being impartial is all about, no agenda, just an outside-looking-in opinion. And I agree, cardinal and gold.
As for the transfer issue, I think the score there is 99-2, prairie. Why did they transfer, do you know?

I don't come to this site to bash all things Prairie nor any other school. I think I am just going to hit the ignore button and let you whistle in the wind. Enjoy...........hit!

"wasports: I respect you and your knowledge, as well as your insight. But if we're being honest here, you seem to just be filled with frustration and negativity about the program right now."

I guess it is just you and me. I finally hit the ignore button as I am just not interested in what wasports has to say. His apparent agenda is just getting old.

A graeat line comes to mind:
"you can't handle the truth"

I think we have answered your question as to why the participation is low on this site. Very little tolerance to an opposing point if view.

I regress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT