ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Idea

Kingyouuu

May 22, 2005
You know what should happen, and would be really sweet, if all of the all league 1st teams, and all the all league 2nd teams played each other in the state to determine which district is the greatest, and you know it'd be the MVL. You'd have something like Danny and Johnny playing Singles, Brantner and Collinsworth playing first dubs, Lei and Belford at Second, and Alliston and Merrell at third doubles. That'd be just a rockin' team right there. Then the second teams would play all the second teams from the state.

wow that would be an amazing team, except no one would agree to do it, i dont think anyone could go toe to toe with the MVL.

Clay is that u? it just sounds like it because we talked about doing that the other day when we were watching the Pleshas play Brantner and Collinsworth. Just tell me at school tomarrow
This post was edited on 5/26 6:07 PM by WVwinnerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

if it wasn't for brantner and collinsworth and the pleshas, the mvl would be nothing. Your singles suck and clarkston proved it

It's just a matter of where teams put their talent. True the Mid-Valley is down at singles this year, but that hasn't been the case in years past. If Floyd hadn't dropped down to 2A then it would have been a 2 and 2 split. The GSL is doing better this time, but as a whole still getting beat by a stronger MVL.(Lost 3 of 4 boys doubles, Girls Doubles, and Girls Singles) If the two good doubles teams from the MVL played singles then Clarkston would have been four and out today and the GSL would still have lost at least two of the doubles. Unfortunately, the bottom line as far as boys singles go is the district 5/8 region will be sending a weak representation to state that will likely get beaten quickly. What I saw on the singles side today with the exception of two decent players (Rooney and Lei) was 2A tennis. If the the good playing Lei shows up, I think he'll win it. This guy beat Brantner last year and lost to him in three this year. Should be fun.

Clarkston was third in gsl which includes mostly 4a teams and many of the best players in the state including logan napolski. So if anything clarkston plays 4a tennis. Just because not everyone on the team plays like a state contender, does not mean we play 2a tennis. The two people you named had the easiest draws also, so of course they look good

The GSL does not include many of the best players in the state. Napolsky would be the 4th best in the MVL. The Pleshas and Brantner would beat him. Clarkston benefited at Regional from a dissapointingly weak singles bracket all around. Rooney and Lei are going to get beat at state.

You guys always say that the pleshas and branter and collinsworth are so good at singles which they may be. But in reality they play doubles in the tournaments so would you please shut your mouths about there singles until next year when they actually play singles. Plus Napolsky, Whitman Hough, and Ben gullickson would all beat branter or collinsworth. Heck Rooney would even beat them. O ya and Pedro Sucks

Rooney would not beat Brantner. Brantner has beaten Johnny Plesha. I think Collinsworth and Rooney would be a good match.
This post was edited on 5/28 9:52 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

tennisbeast are you dumb? if it wasnt for rooney, hiked up short, and illif or whatever the gsl would be nothingm think about it, all the doubles team werent anything special, the mvl would walk all over you guys hands down

u r very knowledgable spokaloo and you know what u are talking about. but i need to correct you. lei beat brantner two years ago when he was a frosh and this year brantner was up 5-0 in the second, threw it away 5-7, but then easily won in the third 6-0. so it really wasn't as close as most three setters. u r one of the very few who is unbiased and posts thing because you know a lot about tennis. keep it up man.
This post was edited on 5/29 12:11 AM by WVwinnerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

gsldawg my hommie i don't really think you know what ur talking about. so stick to subjects that u know well like JV. DAWG!

WVwinner it frustrates u to have someone question your singles players, and y do u say i dont no what im talkin about. All you guys thought Lei would walk away with singles and he barely got through a frosh that is 100 pounds so maybe i do no what im talkin bout.

tennisbeast....think of it this way, if danny plesha and brantner played singles at regionals no one from clarkston would be going to state, thats the way its going to be next year

tennisbeast....think of it this way, if danny plesha and brantner played singles at regionals no one from clarkston would be going to state, thats the way its going to be next year, deal with it now while you can

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT