ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC scores from Tuesday??

SmithSports

Jan 29, 2003
The Yakima Herald-Republic's new sports website is on the fritz, and the Tri-Cities Herald won't update anything until, oh, the season ends. DOES ANYONE have scores from these three matches???

Prosser at East Valley
Grandview at Toppenish
Selah at Quincy

ANY HELP is appreciated

If my groggy eyes were working right this morning... EV, Grandview and Selah all did some sweeping last night.

East Valley 3, Prosser 0... 26-24, 25- 8, 25-16
Grandview 3, Toppenish 0... 25-15, 25-10, 25- 4
Selah 3, Quincy 0 ......... 25- 8, 25- 8, 25- 7
This post was edited on 10/23 8:42 AM by Vadin3003

Grandview looked much better than the first time we faced them...perhaps the loss to Selah helped get them focused? I think the district match up will be fun to watch.

As a Hound fan...that's nice to hear.

What type of talent do you have coming through the Middle School ranks in Toppenish? More importantly, how are the grades?

I actually have a decent 7th and 8th grade group...the key will be getting them into club ball and advancing their skills BEFORE high school. Grade wise they do fine, I rarely have grade problems these days...

That's good to hear. It's tough getting the girls to buy into the club thing with other obligations and $$$.

I asked the grade question based on Grandview's girls soccer program this year. It's been a bit of a struggle...I guess that's putting it mildly. Hopefully they can learn something from this.

I have only ever had 1 or 2 kids struggle with their grades in my program since I have been coaching. For some reason I tend to get girls who really are students first. I hope it is a trend that continues. I know our boys basketball program continually struggles with grades and it really is a huge let down for the other team members.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT