ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC state tournament allocations

Moch77

Jan 28, 2003
FYI - WIAA has finally posted the state tennis allocations. The format will be different from last year. It will be a 16 team bracket and the CWAC will get four allocations to the tournament. Any ideas on who the top singles and doubles contendors will be for those spots?

Take a look: WIAA Tennis

On the left side of the page, simply click on the tournament it would be for, like for you it would be '2007 1A/2B/1B Tournament Info' and you will get all the info you need.

On a side note, state is going to me much tougher to get hardware at now with the 16 draw format. However, with a double elimination format, there will be much more tennis going on. I think it is a good thing, as you will basically need to win 3 matches to place, instead of 1 match with the 8 draw format. (Assuming they are still placing 6.)

Well, it depends if they keep it a true double elimination tournament or make it a modified double elim. If it's a modified tournament, than the top players will get seeded and won't play each other in the first round. Those that lose in that first round will be eliminated while the rest continue in an 8-man double elim. I, personlly, think this is the way to go because more kids get to play, but the top level players should advance to the top 8. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I don't foresee any easy way to truly seed 8 players out of 16 berths spread across 5 leagues, most of whom have no matches against anyone outside their league. If there were 4 leagues, you could just seed the #1 and #2 players from each one, and go from there, but with 5, it would be very difficult. There would inevitably be some unfair losses and ADs complaining that their player was screwed.

Besides, they have been doing a full double elimination in 3A and 4A for the last (at least) 6 years. I really don't see why they would try something completely different? But really, it is the (No Booing!)WIAA, so who knows.

No, kidding! You never know what the WIAA may come up with next. Based on the past tournaments it will probably be a true double elimination. Did I hear correctly that it will be held at Kissel Park instead of the Yakima Tennis Club?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT