ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC

summertime blues

Mar 12, 2005
So what are everyone's thoughts on the CWAC this year..of course Prosser is the clear front runner, E-berg and EV...I think the Lady Hounds will make a huge jump this year

My darkhorse is Selah. Though I really can't call them that. Program has been down for a while, but some young talent finally getting of age. JV program went 19-1 last year losing only their last game to EV. They have lots and lots of talent at the sophomore and junior level. A couple returning seniors will have this program competing strong. Might be one more year away from a serious push for the league title. 2nd year coaching staff has put some long hours into turning these girls around and they are responding big time. We will soon see. GL and GO VIKS!!!!!

Unless Selah had a ton of kids inelgible for the Toppenish Jamboree, I think they still have a long road ahead. They lost to a very scrappy/quick Davis squad (and looked out of sorts really) and to Riverside Christian (which lost to Toppenish 28 - 6 first round). They made some athletic plays down the stretch against Davis but they really struggled with their style of play.

My darkhorses are Toppenish, Wapato and Ephrata. I know that summer ball is not league, but all three squads played very well throughout the summer. I think the league is going to be very competitive this year especially between teams 2 - 8. Obviously, Prosser is the team to beat. EV/E-Burg always have tough teams and have very strong programs. I think your bottom 3 squads are Selah, Quincy and Othello (in no order). JMHO.

Girls JV through out the league is very weak. Not to knock the 19-1 record but if you have 5 girls that can play decent ball you can beat most JV teams in the league. That said Selah JV did look like it had some talent last year but the game is much quicker from JV to V...

again not knocking em, just saying...I will be willing to eat my words towards the end of the season if need be

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT