ADVERTISEMENT

District #1 Championship game...........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
....features contrasting lineups. It also features the best player in District 1 who happens to play for Cedarcrest. Zack Taylor, a 6'1" do-it-all guard is legit.
The problem the Red Wolves are confronted with is the same problem Lynden faced....they are strictly a perimeter oriented team, playing against very versatile Squalicum. I expect the Storm to stay in front of the Cedarcrest guards, while having the opportunity, with their size advantage, to dominate the boards. Zach Taylor will get to know Neilan Pierce really well on Saturday.
If I am Dave Dickson, the one concern I have is the same concern I've had all season, inconsistent shooting. The Storm have the ability to shoot themselves out of a game.
I like Squalicum to win, but Cedarcrest should come out loose.

Agree with you Warrant. Squalicum can shoot themselves in AND out of games. Perimeter shooting has been very inconsistent. I've discussed this before, but SQ lacks some depth yet have shown that starters can play well into OT. Even big Nate... Cedarcrest has played very physical in the past. Wonder if this will disrupt SQ yet wonder Cedarcrest can guard the Z man, Qualls and Maddux in the post? Believe the SQ guards will have quick hands and get in the passing lanes to create turnovers. Haven't seen Cedarcrest play but have heard about Zack. Should be a good one...

-passion8

Saw Cedarcrest beat Anacortes. Very entertaining team to watch - up tempo, very good at finding the open man, shoot well as a team. I agree that the big key for this game will most likely be Squalicum's ability to hit their outside looks. Neither team is shy about hoisting the 3-ball so a crowd pleasing, old-fashioned shootout wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I pick the Storm to pull it out - those kids have been in this moment before - but I'm not betting the house on it. Cedarcrest is a very capable opponent who can put points up quickly. Should be close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT