ADVERTISEMENT

Early Edition of **NWC Pick 'Em 2012** Standings and Week 9 Picks

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Due to the fact that there are a number of Thursday night games going on this week, figured I should probably get this up sooner rather than later. With all the great matchups last week, there was definitely some movement in the standings. Here they are:

1. Smallpox 50
2. innocentbystanderLL 47
3. Scorebooks 45
3. LW-Observer 45
5. borderite2000 44
5. BE Fan 44
7. Football_Fever3 43
7. NWC Fballfan 43
9. believeinone 42
9. Rainmaker2112 42
9. Runhardrunfree 42
12. Little_Lion_Man 40
13. shs2209 17
14. LTWG&G 9

We are down to the final two weeks of picks. Regular season ends this week, and we will be sure to pick all crossover games in the Pick 'Em as well.

Important Note: With the possibility of tiebreakers, and the 1A play-in games, be sure to check the board right away Saturday morning, as I will post a *special* tiebreaker/play in section with the chance to earn a couple of bonus points. If there is a play-in on Saturday for the 1A, I will make the deadline to pick those games, the same time as the tiebreaker is supposed to start. Either way, be sure to check back Saturday morning, as to not lose out a chance at a few extra points.

With all that said, here are this week's matchups. Picks must be in by THURSDAY at 6:30 to count towards this week's totals. Enjoy the final week of the regular season everyone!!

Lynden @ Squalicum
Ferndale @ Anacortes
Blaine @ Nooksack Valley
Friday Harbor @ Lynden Christian
Bellingham @ Sehome
GOTW Meridian @ Mt. Baker
GOTW Sedro @ Burlington

Lynden by alot
Ferndale by more than Lynden
Nooksack Valley in a squeaker
Friday Harbor in the lowest scoring game of the week
Sehome
GOTW Mt. Baker
GOTW Burlington[/B]

Lynden
Ferndale
Blaine
Friday Harbor
Sehome
Mt. Baker
Burlington (Go 2nd or Go Home)

Lynden OVER Squal: The Storm come in with a nice record, and by the sounds of it, played BE quite well. However, Lynden is totally healthy for only the 2nd week of the season. There is always that chance of a "let down" after a big win like last week's thrashing of Ferndale, but I dont see Coach Kramme and his staff allowing that.

Ferndale OVER Anacortes: Not much to say, Anacortes is winnless, Ferndale is the 2nd best team in the conference.

Blaine OVER Nooksack: This will come down to how well Blaine's D can defend the spread. I am sure they have a decent game plan after playing Lynden over the last few years. That said, there is no question it is going to be more of the usual, Gobato left, right, and straight forward. I dont think Nooksack is physical enough to slow it down. There is something to be said about playing up in 2A for years, and then going back down.

Friday Harbor OVER LC: There are times that I think LC is getting better, then there are other times I think they are even worse. Either way, If they do not bring a physical game on Friday, Harbor will run over them.

Sehome OVER Bellingham: Nice W for the Raiders last week. I am still surprised that Sehome has not done better this year. They have the tools to be decent, and that win over BE was a show of that. Bellingham just does not have the manpower to upset here. Mariners are hoping for a BE loss no doubt.

Baker OVER Meridian: I said this earlier, but I think there is something to playing up in 2A for awhile, then dropping down. Your opponent is smaller, slower, and less physical (for the most part). I feel this game will come down to the final quarter because Coach Ames is a good coach, but the fact that the game is in Deming (I was wrong last week, but know I nailed this one), which is one of the worst places to play late in the season. That is a huge help for Baker, vs a fast Meridian team.

Burlington OVER Sedro: This game is going to be closer than many think. Burlington's D has been pretty bad all season, and Coach Ward at Sedro is good at finding a weakness. In the end though, the possibility of missing out on the playoffs will be enough to motivate the Tigers.

Lynden...just learned SQ will be a bit short-handed, 3 starters not playing for undisclosed reasons, so much for a huge upset.
Ferndale......feel a bit sorry for Anacortes
Blaine.....Any predictions on how many yards Mario finishes the year with? Could get a few extra in playoffs.
Friday Harbor........They just seem to be the better choice here
Sehome.......last game of the year means something....that a good thing for the Mariners....who did get way better this year, just turned the ball over too much.
Mt. Baker....the Mounties won't take foot off the petal.
Sedro.......how interesting. Ward would then be matched up with ATM. SW head coach last season, is now BE D Cord. This will be a war, cuz if BE losses they are out of the crossover districts games(granted Sehome beats Bellingham)

I'm picking Lummi over who ever they play!!!!!! (3 bonus pts)

This post was edited on 10/24 8:52 PM by scorebooks

Lynden
Ferndale
Blaine.... How many carries will Gobatto have in this one?
LC ....... At home.
Sehome
Baker .... Tough to beat them in Deming.
BE ........ At home, Senior night and with their season on the line I think BE gets it done.

Not sure why I still bother, but...

Lynden - they looked good last week.

Ferndale - In four games at home, Anacortes has scored a total of 13 points. They can only hope Ferndale is up 49 at half and puts in their 4th string to let them play an even game in the second half...

Blaine - NVs D will have to play tough in this game to stop an angry & determined senior Gobbato.

Friday Harbor - Not LCs year just yet...

Sehome - a win they need to stay alive - they'll pull it out.

Baker - they'll out-physical Meridian up in Deming.

Burlington - at home, playoff implications on the line, I think they'll get the job done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT