ADVERTISEMENT

Evergreen / Trico results

Bystander13

Mar 16, 2008
I see that Monte (first place Evergreen) and LaCenter (3rd place Trico) tied in their recent match; so did Castle Rock and Rochester. How are the two sides of the SWW 4 shaping up? Are those ties representative of the way the two halves look? Is the south stronger than the north, or are those ties flukes? Anyone who saw the Monte/LaCenter match care to offer details? How about the outlook for playoffs? Who's looking strong for the two slots in each half of the district? (Not much chatter these days about any of this....anyone have info or insights?)

From my perspective White Salmon again will dominate the Evergeen and Trico. With scores that puts noone as a threat:

White Salmon 5 Lacenter 2

White Salmon 6 Stevenson 0

White Salmon 11 Castle Rock 0

White Salmon is looking stronger than ever. It seems to me that they have replaced some of the talent loss from last year. Some can argue though that the talent level in both Trico and evergreen has dropped with all the players lost throughout the league. But when its all said and done it comes down to now, and who is winning and who is losing.

I see White Salmon as the #1 seed out of districts

Seed #2 will go to Monte

And Seed #3 I have still not decided which of the weak will luckily bring out a win. (Which ever team gets the #3 will get demolished in the state tournament so good luck to that team).

I attended the White Salmon- Stevenson game and can say this.
Stevenson played their worst game of the year. Do not get me wrong, White Salmon is a better team, but I believe Stevenson will put up a MUCH better fight when these two teams meet again. As for state, It has become apparent that the Trico side is a lot stronger than the Evergreen. Monte tied with La Center who lost to both Stevenson and White Salmon and was dominated in shots and possesion by both. The match between LC and Monte was pretty even, some questionable officiating though. It's great to see the vast improvement in Monte this year. They look like themselves again! Right now the Trico only has two teams that I can see making state, Stevenson and White Salmon. La Center has dropped off from last year. White Salmon has some quality wins, as does Stevenson. I watched Stevenson beat Prarie(3a) at home. It looks like Monte will play White Salmon for the district championship, and the match should be very one sided. I wish I could see Stevenson play Monte this year but the schedule prohibits. Monte is really the only evergreen team i have seen that seems to be state worthy (haven't seen forks yet). Keeper09 I advise you to not look past Stevenson, yes they were dismantled by your Alum but they have probably an overall better team this year than they did last. They're just missing you know who : ). I see White Salmon doing some damage in state again this year, they just keep reloading with talent.

Good Luck to all the rest of the way!

Monte should play Stevenson first in a 1 and 2 matchup unless they are doing district different this year.Also as i think White Salmonella will win i think Montes goalie and defense are to tough to make it a blow out. Monte just doesnt have an explosive offense. Remember in La Center game Monte was without 3 time all league first teamer Jason Franks and i think La Centers big stud was out also so who knows how game might have changed.

There is no way anyone can call a 6 to 0 win an off game from Stevenson??

An off game is 3 to 1 not 6 to 0.

Stevenson will be demolished just as bad or maybe worst when they come to White Salmon.

The stevenson team last year I thought was much stronger then this year.

Stevenson's keeper is very weak this year and is not emotionally set to play the postion. (He got a red card for flipping off the crowd WOW!!)Having a keeper like this on your team hurts really bad.

My prediction for the next game between these two:

White Salmon 5 Stevenson 0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT