ADVERTISEMENT

F O L D

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
remove statewide, wasports, hocksports, CougarMVP and they could shut down the 3A/4A portion of this site.

LOL... after moderating since 1998, left several weeks ago. When Mike went, so did the energy in this site. Sorry... I tried.

I still go to your personal site for stats. You do a great job over there and believe me, I was not blaming anyone for the problem with this site. The 1A and 2A seem to be thriving but not at this level. High School sports is just not the draw that it once was. Prairie probably had the smallest crowd in a very long time at the Finals.............maybe they knew their chances were not great and decided not to make the drive.

Here is a stat on Prairie: since the school opened in 1979, they have made it to the finals 1/3 of the time and they are 5-6 in that game.

This post addresses the lack of interest in 4a girls basketball. The poor following that Prairie may of had to the finals had nothing to do with their "chances". You mentioned stats, the Falcons havent won a title with a Corral (0-7) If you are using statistics, you might conclude that their "chances" were better. It's not the issue. It's not just a Prairie issue. It's more than a SW Washington issue. Prairie hasnt had a big following when they play in town. No rivalries and very little competition. The lack of pride and spirit in many of the schools is evident. Maybe someone needs to poll the student body and see what it is that they don't
like about the Individual programs. It will surprise you as the students are aware of things that some of you are in denial about.
This post was edited on 3/14 10:09 AM by wasports

well, it is pretty obvious that you are not a Prairie fan. I am a Prairie fan since 92 and their statistics were offered as just statistics. They were not meant as anything else. There is no competition for Prairie, although they lost last year to Camas, not because there is not plenty of talent but because of the constant coaching changes. When Al Aldridge finally retires from basketball, Prairie will be in the same boat as every other high school in SW Washington.

In many ways Prairie is already in the same boat as the rest of the 3a and 4a schools in the SW. No following and dwindling interest in their youth programs.
Why? They win lots of games. They go to state every year? If you have followed them since 92 you should know why they don't have a following. Care to share?
This post was edited on 3/14 3:00 PM by wasports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT