ADVERTISEMENT

First week 2011 Polls 1A!

baseballjso88

Mar 27, 2011
1. Chimacum (7-1) (Only loss to 2A North Kitsap)
2. Goldendale (4-0)
3. Rochester (6-1) (Only loss to Chimacum)
4. Cashmere (3-0)
5. Naches (2-0)
6. Riverside (2-0)
7. Tenino (5-1)
8. Kalama (7-2)
9. Toledo (4-1)
10. Montesano (4-1)

*Cashmere is at least 5-0 and has won every game by the mercy rule.
*Goldendale has lost to both Burbank and Riverview
*I believe Naches is 7-1 their only loss coming to Ellensburg but play Rochester this coming Thursday. I'll take Rochester by 3 or 4.
*Meridian (5-2) is loaded and not 2A. They've lost twice to 2A Lynden. They play Cashmere 4/9 should be a telling ballgame. I'll take Cashmere but expect it to be close.
This post was edited on 4/5 11:46 AM by RhinoFirefighter

It's unfortunate that newspapers like the Seattle Times and Yakima Herald publish Lem Elway's rankings. Year in and year out they are so poorly done. Maybe Lem should just concentrate on the 3A and 4A rankings instead of pulling schools out of a hat for the 1A rankings.

1. This isn't the first time he has put Meridian in the 2A poll. They finished 3rd in the state last year. They are a very good team and program. what a slap in the face.

2. Goldendale who has lost twice to SCAC teams THIS YEAR is placed ahead of Naches Valley who hasn't lost to a SCAC team in what seems like 10 years. That is funny!! Not to mention Naches has all but Weigel back from last years Final 4 team, Goldendale played in a Regional Final last year but graduated Fields, Herin, Cochrane, etc.

3. How can Cashmere be #4. They won it all last year and have pretty much their whole team back, and have 10 runned everyone they have played this year. Why wouldn't they be #1?

4. Riverside at #7? haha. Because they are 2-0? they beat a B school and beat Lakeside 2-1. Freeman and Colville are the best two teams in the NEA.

Great job Lem!

I would disagree about Naches Not loosing to a SCAC team I know Burbank split with naches in 09 and 2010 but they are a very solid team the coach gets everything out of his players

Naches hasn't lost to an SCAC West team since coming back to 1A. They lost to Riverview during district tournament in '07 and since then has lost to Burbank on a couple of occasions, not sure or the years, though '09 and '10 sound right.

Cashmere comes from behind to beat Vashon 4-3. Ugly game, not sure if any runs were earned? First game Cashmere played more than 5 innings. Meridian tomorrow. Meridian on Saturday

9-1 Meridian. Meridian liked Cashmeres first pitcher. Who knows why? Looked like he had descent stuff. They did nothing against the second guy. Cashmere had several errors in the field. Meridians starting pitcher did a nice job. Meridian can hit. And if that is their #3 pitcher. WOW!

I was able to watch the Cashmere/Meridian game today. Cashmere misses Luke Dilly. Remember he was the Washington State Coaches Association 1A player of the year. The guy they had playing SS today must have had at least 3 errors that really cost them. Meridian looked much better in all facets of the game. I would be surprised if Cashmere makes it back to Yakima for the 3rd straight year after watching them today.

Naches and Cashmere will both get back. There is no one on the eastside that will challenge either of those teams at regionals--unless there is a way for them to end up in the same region. I dont know, I haven't looked.

From what i have seen there is nobody close to competing with either of these teams out of the SCAC. Is there anyone who will compete with Cashmere in the CTL?

CTL opponents remain to be seen but if Cashmere plays like they did this last weekend they will not even be sniffin the final 4. 12 errors in 2 games? really?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT