ADVERTISEMENT

Goldendale Vs ZIllah

ZILLAH, Wash. ? Trevor Fields threw a three-hitter with 10 strikeouts in the opener and Cody Herin went 3-for-5 in the second to help second-ranked Goldendale remain unbeaten with a 4-2, 11-4 sweep over Zillah in SCAC West baseball on Tuesday.

Fields also had a double and RBI in each game for the Timberwolves, who moved to 4-0 in league and 10-0 overall. Herin had a double, triple and two RBI in the second contest.

Zillah’s Trevor Fink, who threw six strong innings in the opener, was 3-for-3 with a double, triple and two RBI in the second game.

Game 1

Goldendale 000 012 1 ? 4 5 1

Zillah 000 001 1 ? 2 3 2

Fields and Cochran; Fink, Messmore (7) and Oswalt.

Highlights: Trevor Fields (G) 2-4, 2b, RBI, 10 K.

Game 2

Goldendale 050 102 3 ? 11 8 2

Zillah 202 000 0 ? 4 6 5

Lindhe, Herin (5) and Davis; Curfman, Adame (4), Dasso (6) and Oswalt.

Highlights: Cody Herin (G) 3-5, 2b, 3b, 2 RBI; J.D. Moss (G) 2-3, 2 RBI; Trevor Fields (G) 1-3, 2b, RBI; Trevor Fink (Z) 3-3, 2b, 3b, 2 RBI.

Wow sounds like Zillah stayed with the "powerful" goldendale. Zillah did this without their best pitcher and hitter Dasso. I don't think G-dale is going to live up to the hype when they start playing some tougher teams.

oh i see. i was under the impression that Dasso was still out with medical reasons. Never the less, if Goldendale is as great as everyone is saying they should have ten ran Zillah in both games. It will get a lot tougher for the timberwolves when they face some better competition.

why not just say how badly you hate Goldendale and get that out there!!! Goldendale is surely cocky and loud but i'm gathering you are from Naches Valley, and Naches's A-holishness runs pretty deep too. .. i say you just give it six days to play itself out and be mates until the big day on the 27th.. I hope you don't cry if they share a split with you. God forbid 2 good teams in the SCAC West..

I have nothing against G-dale, I just don't think they're as good as some people think they are. Would not be surprised to see them and Naches split this year.

they might take a split with Naches...they are still very good and very well coached...wish I could be there Tuesday...GO WOLVES!!

Thats a pretty bold statement when your talking about a team that has not lost to a scac west team since they have been in the league. and if g-dale and naches face each other, it will probably be in the district championship game. which g-dale needs to beat burbank to get to the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT