ADVERTISEMENT

GSL

Old Cavebear

Dec 22, 2002
Mead and Gonzaga Prep, who came into the game at 11-1, played last night for first place in the GSL. It was a close game until the final five minutes, when the Bullpups outscored the Panthers 21-6 to get the win 71-55. Mead had given Gonzaga its only loss to date, a narrow 53-52 game at Mead. Prep has, with this win, now won 12 in a row and is 17-1 on the season. Mead is 13-5 overall. Ryan Nicholas led the way for Gonzaga with 28 points. Aaron Dunn had 24 for Mead. Shadle Park (10-2) stayed right on the leader's heels with a 61-38 win over North Central. Next is Ferris, who is at 8-5.

I dont see Gonzaga Prep losing to Ferris or University in their final games and I also think Mead will finish out with two wins which means that they would be 1 and 2 respectively heading into districts.
Where it gets muddy is for the 3 spot. If GP defeats Ferris that would give them 6 losses and it is possible that LC could be in that mix. I will have to check the remaining schedules but I think that LC and Ferris play again. Ferris might have to play in the loser out game? Hard to imagine after being ranked early in the season.

Ferris and LC meet in the final game of the season at the Spokane Arena in the annual "rubber chicken" game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT