ADVERTISEMENT

GSL

Old Cavebear

Dec 22, 2002
After last night's games, Gonzaga Prep (11-1) still reigns as the likely champion to be of the league. They routed Central Valley (6-6) 55-32, in a game that really wasn't that close. 16-1 after the first quarter. Shadle Park (10-1) remains on Prep's heels, with a win over Mt. Spokane (3A) (4-6). Their only loss was to the Bullpups 65-47. They'll go their separate ways in the playoffs, as Shadle is now 3A. Prep's only loss came to Lewis & Clark (5-7) by a point in a major upset. The other league members and their records are, North Central (3A) (7-4), Ferris (7-5), Mead (5-6), Rogers (3A) (5-6), University (2-10) and East Valley (3A) (1-11).

It's weird seeing Ferris 7-5 but I know they have new faces and key personnel losses from the previous two years...

Prep and Shadle have certainly separated themselves from the pack as the top team in their respective classification. At this point, everyone else is jockeying for the 2-3-4 spots come districts.

My feeling on the 4A is Ferris to maintain #2, with Central Valley #3 and LC #4. Mead is just too inconsistent, and U-Hi is too far back.

After Shadle, I think NC will hold onto #2, with Rogers a solid #3 and Mt. Spokane at #4. East Valley has too much ground to makeup to get to #4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT