ADVERTISEMENT

Hanford

MVL23

Jan 9, 2005
Hanfordalumni and other Hanford fans: you are making your school look bad. You whine about the refs, and call out players from other teams but you should really be looking at yourselves. Hanord has the most talent in the league, by far, and should have ran away with it. Any team with a 6'9 swatting machine and a lights out shooters ought to win easily. Eburg won it because they have a bunch of individuals that play like a team and their coach is better. Way to go Eburg... you're the champion, not Hanford.

hanford sucks...they have a 6'9 guy and one of the best shooters i've ever seen...yet they still lose, they won't even make it to state.

this is gonna sound rude, but it needs to be said: Severin has the worst down low moves ever, he's the tallest guy on the floor, by a head usually, and he still drop steps away from the basket to do a fade away jumper...When he does take it to the hoop he is usually faced the wrong way and jumps in the air and tries to shoot it backwards. He needs someone to coach him and he could go places, but with his current situation he won't make it past a JC.
This post was edited on 2/15 10:40 AM by jakethegr8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

MVL23 you know as well as I do that there are dumb posters on these boards. You shouldnt even listen to HanfordAlum, refs didnt have anything to do with losing. If you want a game where refs were horrible, look at the last game of MVL season up in Eburg last year. Just ignore that stuff just like I ignore

"first of all i would love to see a fight between greg J(your so called pussy) and begalka im sure the real pussy would be known..."

We had a cold night, couldnt hit anything. hard to win against anyone you hit 23% from the field.

I agree that Severin's offensive moves were lacking. I don't get to go to many Hanford games anymore, only 2 this year so far. But last game Steve's offensive moves made me angry. Every time he would go to his right and end up shooting an almost mid-range jump shot like jake said. And every time I saw the perfect opportunity to drop step left and he would be on the block with his man behind him. I don't get it.

But I don't agree that the Eburg coach is better than Mayer. He's built such a great program getting kids interested in Hanford basketball when they're barely in middle school.

Good luck in postseason. All I can say is that I'm glad theres 3 teams going to state this year.

well said, very well said

i couldnt have said any of that better. you three nailed it. id just like to put some emphasis on a few main points. Hanford fans (includes hanfordalum) are too busy complaining and making excuses to even support thier team. Second thing... Sevrin could be good but he has terrible post moves, take away some of his hight and all you have is a mediocer bench player not a star like hanford seems to see him as. Third, Eburg is a T.E.A.M team. they play together and it works. And last thing... Greg johnson is Huge. he is rediculusly strong. He would dominate begalka in a fight anyday. just look at the kid, he is ripped.

actually hanfordalumni, i am talking about a fight, i was commenting on a post by JumpJ23, and then aw902 commented on that. thats what i was talking about.

You say that Servin is bad look at Gordon he isn't that good give you prob EBerg won the MVL but not cuz' of Gordon, cuz' of the team if Hanford didn't have Servin there is no way they would be where there at right now. But all I say Servin is better.....

eburg fans are dumb as they come or as ignorant... no matter where u go, u will always think the other crowd is worse. The only game I've been to this whole year was a non-league game Eburg vs. Hanford (hanford won). the hanford crowd had 4 or 5 people there and they were louder then the entire eburg crowd (20-30) that's coming from a non biased oppinion, an outsider looking in. Maybe the crowds have changed, but from what i've seen i would say hanford > eburg in the crowd category..

a lot of it has to do with who has the momentum also. The winning crowd should always be louder. Only thing that hanford fans had to cheer about at the end was when they had a mini 6 point run to pull within 6 i think it was.

Gordon isnt very good? He takes it strong to the rim most of the time, and can power through a lot of people. Your right, Eburg played as a team the entire season, No one person was the factor.
Your right though, Without Severin Hanford wouldnt have been where they were. From an offensive perspective i havent seen Severin dominate (only seen Hanford-Eburg games) but every game Severin puts in a strong defensive performance. Usually with 3-4 blocks a game at least.

I watched the game last Friday. If Hanford makes a concerted effort to get Severin the ball in the low post and they figure out that hot shooters have to be guarded, they can win. They made no adjustments and let Johnson shoot wide open shots all night even after he got rolling. Throw in a bad shooting night and lose by 8? Everyone jumping off the Severin bandwagon? I don't get the squawking.

holy cow jake, you keep talkin about that nonleague game at CWU. I know thats what you saw but this is why. that was the first game of eburgs season, no one in our school really knew about it. Also, what you may call the leaders of the k-9 unit graduated, so we were kinda stumblin around and no one was into it since it wasnt at our gym (cwu is very big and quiet.) Also your basing your opinion off that one game, thats crazy, if you'd have gone to any other game you would have seen the real eburg crowd. Best example i can give is the last game, in richland against hanford. the hanford crowd was at least 3 times as large as the ehs crew (no joke) and yet the k-9 krazies were like 3 times as loud and the hanford section (no joke). hanford has the numbers, just not the spirit. I dont know what your talkin about jake, honestly unless im totally def, then your wrong. I just hope you get to see another eburg game so you can stop dissen on the eburg fans. Basicly there outa controll and really not rivaled in terms of chants and overall noise making.

My obsevations

1. Eburg controled the game and beat Hanford
2. Severeign always....always goes right to shoot.Why? why? Because the team has no idea how to give him a lob pass over the top so he has to really really show just to get the ball and by then he's too far out.
3. Severeign may just have the fewest shot attempts on the team - because his team doesn't know how to get him the ball.
4. It's totally amazing that Begalka leads the team in scoring because Johnson and Cury take more attempts than him every game.
5. Mayer did get out coached and yes Johnson was WIDE OPEN all game.
6. The team leader thing has clouded Drew. Although he plays harder than anyone. As the point you dont have to do it all, you have to enable your team to do it then just relax and let it flow.

What whould happen if Begalka got some screens? A: 30 pt game
What would happen if every time Severeign got behind his man he got a lob over the top? A: dunks and open up Begalka for more 3's

It's a team game, It's about getting to state and earning respect.

ADVERTISEMENT