ADVERTISEMENT

Not too bad of a start for Prairie

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Falcons with a win over Union (admittedly they are still without Jessica Chatman, but still a good team) and then an explosive win over Battle Ground last night.

I don't expect a state tournament run or anything, but with how much they have lost in terms of talented players, coach, vice verse.... I am impressed they have been able to maintain a pretty decent start. Yeah they lost to Skyview, but Skyview is a very good team.

Good job so far Prairie, keep improving!

From what I've seen Johnson has done a pretty job as coach so far, instilling a lot of things Aldridge stood for.

Hopefully talent continues to come through Prairie.

I'm eager to see how Prairie fares in league against Kelso.

They are showing Great energy. Must work on the TO's associated with youth and inexperience but DEFINATLY an upside.
Strong showing against 2 D1 players at Union. Johnson has assembled a strong staff. Look for the improvements to continue.

I believe Mark Morris is again on the schedule for Prairie and this time it will be a home game. Prairie will have to play their best game of the young season to beat this 2A school. They are that good.

Statewide: Glad to see ya post, I hadn't heard from ya in a bit!

And indeed, they are going to have a tough time. The Eaton sisters are monsters from MM. The good news is they don't have a huge post game, so the Falcons can win the the game with defense if they put up their strongest press and defense. Bad news, that still will be an incredibly tough feat. Their guard/wing play is great and their big three are still only juniors!

Meanwhile, it's time for the Surf N Slam in San Diego.

I have relatives in Longview who's kids went to Mark Morris. We had a big discussion about their team. I think they are pretty good but my brother in law went on and on as though I have never seen good basketball. I mentioned things like number of appearances, championships, final four, final appearances and it was like in one ear and out the other. I would really really love to see Prairie handle and defeat the Monarchs. Saying that though sorta confirms the fact that I know he is correct, Mark Morris is very good and if they don't have injuries, they will repeat and possibly three peat.

Good to see your posts on here too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT