ADVERTISEMENT

How about that? Prairie in Bi-District Championship

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
How about that?

Prairie 60, Lincoln 49.

This, to me, was a statement game. Prairie can compete with some of the state's best. Now on to Wilson in the finals.

Goecke with 14, 6-footer Emily Peters with 11, Daugherty also adding 11.

Falcons fighting for the #1 seed now... gonna be a tough one, no doubt!

For some reason, I was feeling pretty good about this game. I looked at Lincoln's lineup and I just thought Prairie would match up pretty well with them. Wilson looks like a much tougher matchup. They have blown away the competition in each game. Prairie needs to make sure the freshman guard does not get hot. She had 22 point last night. Prairie will have a good chance provided those outside shots are falling. My guess is it will either be a close Prairie victory or a Wilson blowout.

Wouldn't it be something if Prairie added another state championship to the trophy case.

This post was edited on 2/22 1:57 PM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/22 1:59 PM by statewide

Wilson is much like Prairie in that they are young. Two of their top scorers are underclassmen, the third a junior. The lone senior that plays consistent minutes is their 6'1 post, she averages a mild 7 points a game, is an average rebounder statistically. It will be interesting to see how Prairie fares. Perhaps their confidence has built up a bit after these last two wins.

By what I've read and looked up, Wilson seems like a team that likes to get out in open court and run. This kind of team will be a big test for Prairie's press.

yeah, I really called this one, Prairie wins in a blowout 63-42. Way to go Falcons.

Hey it happens, statewide. I thought Prairie could compete but I don't think many people thought after how this season has gone that they would beat both Wilson and Lincoln. And be district champs. They've been good, but not THAT good. This to me shows that Prairie's confidence is blooming. Also props to Goecke with 25 pts 9 rebounds 3 assists and a few blocks (according to Paul Valencia). She is taking the reins at the right time.

Sounds like Blanchet is up next, just the where and when to be decided. It will be AP #3 against AP #4. The pressure mounts. So different now when you have to win the next game or your season is over.

I just saw the regional match ups and the way this worked out, Blanchet and Prairie have to be the most unlucky in the regionals. One of them isn't going to the Tacoma Dome and look at the other matches and see who will end up there with a win:

Mountlake Terrace (18-4) vs. Lincoln (18-5)
Mercer Island (15-10) vs. Glacier Peak (19-2)
Kennedy Catholic (18-6) vs. Bellevue (20-6)
Liberty (19-7) vs. Cleveland (23-2)
Ferndale vs. Wilson (18-5)
Bishop Blanchet (21-4) vs. Prairie (21-3)
University (9-14) vs. Kamiakin (16-7)
Auburn Mountainview (18-5) vs. Sunnyside (20-3)

Looks to me like Prairie would have been better to lose to Wilson than beating them. Both Lincoln and Wilson have a much easier game. If Prairie gets by Blanchet, they are an instant favorite. My guess is Blanchet must have lost a game, maybe to Cleveland to put them in the position to face Prairie. Goecke or another player need to be on fire from the outside to get the win.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/02/22/2843450/girls-basketball-statewide-regional.html#storylink=cpy
This post was edited on 2/23 8:27 AM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/23 8:31 AM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/23 8:32 AM by statewide

This post was edited on 2/23 8:35 AM by statewide

University must have had some injuries during the season or something... to make it to regionals with that record? Dang.

Yep it looks like we got a tough draw but it is what it is, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT