ADVERTISEMENT

Kings vs. Kalama

This is one of the few matchups that I have being close. I have only seen Kalama once and i have not seen KIngs this year. Kalama I'm told was not at their best the night i watched them. They are going to have to be at their best to beat Kings...I think they will be at their best with a trip to Yakima on the line. Going with Kalama in a close one.

The first five minutes will go a long way to determine the outcome. If kings can stay close they will have a chance. If they fall behind by 10 quickly, could be a long night. Officiating will also play a factor. I hear they play a physical brand of ball down south and if the crew is from there and used to that brand of ball, kings will struggle.

Good read Daretobe... Thats pretty much what happened to Kings the last couple of times they came to Yakima for a regional game. Not having seen Kings this year I dont know what their experience level is, but the more experinced a team is, the quicker they tend to make adjustments to how the game is being called.

Keep in mind that Kings played a very physical LC team tough, with NWC refs reffing the game and they always allow for physicality. So I don't see the physicality being a factor. I've got Kings in a close one.

I just see King's getting this one. They are better than people think and Kalama, although very good has not played as well of late. I pick King's in a close one as well.

It will come down to how well King's shoots the 3 and if what I hear is correct, how Kalama's streaky shooters are feeling

The game will come down to how well Kalama is prepared to deal with kings trapping zone defense. Beat the trap, beat kings. Fairly simple. If kings tries to play their version of man then Kalama should be just fine, but if Kalama turns over when kings is trapping then kings will win in a landslide.

Kings will not be able to effectively run a trap against Kalama. They have excellent ball handlers with good court vision, passing skills. Their best bet is to get in a half court game,limit possessions by Kalama,keep the wall kid out of the paint, and don't give up runs.

hopefully Kalama is only prepared for the trap. teams don't get this far in the playoffs only doing one thing. eatonville found out in the second half that kings is more versatile than just a trapping team. that doens't mean they are going to stop kalama's ballhandlers. from what I hear, wall is goign to be the best guard kings will face this year, but they seem to have a lot of weapons so even if they slow him down kalama sounds like they can beat you other ways.

Ya King's is much more of a trapping team. Against LC they didn't try to use their trap other than as a surprise and hung with them. They can do lots of other things.

Teams get to the regional round all time hanging their hat on only one thing. Just depends on who they have had to play to get there. Kings didn't use the trap as much against LC because they thought LC would be prepared for it so they played their version of man. If Kalama has scouted at all they will see all the holes in kings man and be ready to get good shots against it. But when it really gets down to it kings wants to be a trapping team. Kings is not a hard team to figure out, get back on defense and make them play offense in the half court and be ready for the trap, everything else is fairly straight forward. So, if Kalama is prepared they should have a good shot to win at the end of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT