ADVERTISEMENT

Lewis & Clark, Prairie Top of ST Preseason

wasports

Jan 7, 2011
Looks to be a great season in both the 3A and 4A. . Skyview makes the list at #7 in 4A Prairie will face the Storm to start the campaign and then host highly regarded Mercer Island before the break. Kamiakin, Wilson, Shadle Park and Juanita will be viable contenders and ranked accordingly. Look for the rankings to change early and often. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Skyview moves up to #4 in the ST 4A rankings this week after it's historical win over the Falcons from Prairie. However, The Falcons maintain the #1 spot in 3A despite the loss.

LC drops from the top ten after a rough holiday week. Skyview drops to #8 after a drubbing by now #4 Woodenville and a good Oregon team from Westview. The Storm will host Battle Ground for the first of three meetings on Friday. This will be the challenge for the GSHL 4a title.
Prairie establishes a firm foothold atop the 3A poll with their success at the WJC despite the level of competition that they normally face in Holiday tournaments. Holy Names back as they elevate to #3 this week behind Kamiakin. The Falcons host Camas on Saturday, a team that is showing substantial progress with 2 wins in Oregon. This
pairing will determine the 3a race in the GSHL. Camas has been the spoiler before,
something only one other team in the GSHL has accomplished. Will their confidence from
recent success put the Falcons to the test?

This post was edited on 1/3 2:00 PM by wasports

I am still surprised that Skyview had such an easy time with Prairie this year. On that Camas game on Saturday, Camas is the host. Skyview might take exception to terming their 47-44 loss to Woodinville as a drubbing.
This post was edited on 1/4 8:38 AM by statewide

The term Drubbing has many connotations. In reference to the Storm losses, however narrow it HURT.
Now the same term used to describe the Storm-Falcon game would be a THRASHING.

yeah whatever but drubbing on a sport message board certainly means the informal definition:
a resounding defeat in a match or contest. And if you thought you are telling me something I was not aware of in the Storm-Falcon game it is pretty much as I said in my post under your score post:

"That is a real thrashing the Storm put on the Falcons." I am having a hard time understanding your agenda.

I regress.
#9 Cleveland looks to be stepping it up in 3A with a win at #8 Seattle Prep.
Their only loss was to SP last week. Cleveland beat national power Potters House of Florida earlier, who if you recall, handed Prairie an historic drubbing 2 years ago.
Cleveland meets #3 Holy Names on Friday the 20th. Cleveland wins that game.
Update: Seattle Prep knocks off Holy Names by 18 and Auburn MV dispatches Lakes by 20.
Will be a major shake up in 3A on Monday.
There is more stability in 4A, #1 Central Valley keeps winning as does Mt Rainer, Lake Stevens and Skyview.
This post was edited on 1/7 9:04 AM by wasports

Storm move up to #6. Falcons cruise at #1.
Holly Names falls. Seattle Prep and Clevland are on the move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT