ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden 69 Sehome 34 FINAL

Very ugly first half. But even then, there was no doubt that Lynden was the far superior team. Sehome is quick in the 1 2 and 3 slot, but their bigs were very soft. Lynden turned the ball over a ton in the 1st half, but in the last 2 or 3 mins, settled down and showed why they are ranked #1. Their press break opened up easy buckets, Shagren was on fire from the corner, and their defense was again, very stout.

Good to watch basketball again after the crazy weather! Looking forward to Wednesday night's Lyn @ Squal!

Huh, I thought most of the first half was ok. The second half was ugly. Sehome wins or loses on the effectiveness of their press. Lynden broke it early and often, and I knew they were in for a long night. Lynden's half court defense was very effective as well. They took away the dribble penetration.
I agree that the Mariner starting post, Riley Fraser, was soft and tentative last night. Their only other post, Charles Linneman played a good game, and wasn't the least bit soft.
The Mariners tried different things defensively, but nothing worked for long. I expected Lynden to win by 15-20, but it got ugly last night.

What I meant by 'ugly' in the 1st half was the turnovers coupled with the "blocking" fouls almost every time down the court for both teams. Either way, like you said, it got ugly last night.

Wasn't there but not surprised by the results. I believe this is the 3rd game Sehome has played against a team with a winning record? I believe they lost the other game (vs. Squalicum). Good team or mediocre team that's played mostly bad teams to date?

-Passion8

Actually they've beaten a couple of teams with winning records. Edmonds-Woodway, and Burlington-Edison. Someone thought they are good....ranked 6th in the latest poll. I believe they are a good team, not an elite team, and not nearly as good as Lynden.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT