ADVERTISEMENT

NWC Week 4 Thoughts

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Interesting night tonight from my standpoint. Blaine beating Sehome was a shock to me. If I heard it right, all Sehome had to do was take a knee and the game was over, but fumbled the ball, and Blaine goes on to win. Should be interesting how they respond next week against Lynden.

Lynden was playing without at least 5 starters due to injuries from last week. It was a messy game, that saw Sommers with 3 picks (that is 6 on the year already). With that said, this game should have been a lot uglier than the 35-7 final.

Not sure what to think about BE beating up on Ferndale. Either Ferndale is much worse than I thought, or BE is much better than what I thought. Should be interesting going forward.

Sedro sounds like they are legit. After watching Squalicum last week, they are a good football team. That Jorgenson kids is the real deal (possibly the best pure QB in the conference). To see Sedro hold them to only one score says a lot to me. Can Sedro find ways to score points against good defenses is the biggest question in my mind.

By the way, Bellingham won their first game in I think close to three years! Good for those boys!

Here is to getting this board chatting again!

I also was stunned by the Blaine game. Sehome had it in hand, but let it slip. That will be important at the end of the season for playoff seeds. See link for playoff seeds. NWC will have 4 teams.

Lynden will be all right. Again I see the SW game for first, just like last year.. I believe it is @ Sedro on Oct. 24. SW has already beaten Squally and BE.

http://www.nwcathletics.com/tournament.php?tournament_id=1298&sport=1

Sedro-Woolley (32.5) and Lynden (42.5) are both putting up lots of points. The big difference is the defenses. Sedro is allowing a paltry 6 points per game while Lynden is giving up close to 20 a contest.
Lynden deserves to be ranked #1 in the State until someone knocks them off. If both teams continue to take care of business, I like Sedro at home.

Last year, Lynden beat SW at Sedro 21-7. I believe it was pouring rain, and Sedro fumbled multiple times. Turnovers could again play a big role in this game. Somers has also thrown 6 INTS already.

ADVERTISEMENT