ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden vs ATM

Start of 4th quarter score is ATM 14 Lynden 10. Lynden to start on there own 35 yard line.

Great game . Came down to a trick play on Lynden part. On side kick after the safely. ATM gave it all they had. Good job both teams.

Really LW, since when is an onside kick a trick play, maybe a double reverse, a flea flicker, Statue of Liberty etc. (You failed to mention that Lynden "took" the safety) ATM did NOT tackle them in the end zone. Lynden marched 70 yards against ATM after the "trick" play. Not too bad considering that Lynden had a total of 11 offensive yards in the first half.

After the 3rd quarter I figured ATM had them on the ropes, but then I remembered some of the gutsy calls I've seen Lynden coaches make over the years. Saying Lynden won because of a "trick" play is poor (whether you meant it or not). The Lions stepped up and that in no way discredits the fine play of ATM.

It was a great game by two great teams.

Agreed as I never knew an onside kick was a trick play when you see them lined up to do so and they do........ATM just plain blew it. Great call by the Lynden staff and a perfect pinwheeeling onside kick by Lopez to Shine. The Lions wanted it, and willed their way past a bigger and physical ATM team. the Stats on paper says ATM should of won, but the score board said differently. Kramme has always said "We just need one more point than the other team when the clock tick to zero" and that is exactly what happened. TICK TOCK.

Congrats to Lynden, they got no help from anyone and were the visiting team all four playoff games. Theydrove the most road miles to games, beat NT and Interlake on their HOMEFIELDS after long bus rides, fought a Bearcat and a Wildcat in the end.

Looking forward to the GOLD BALL Parade this week.......14 weeks, I am bushed!!!!!!

Kind'a being a bit pi$$ aren't we? Really, after that good a game by two great teams you're bent because someone called an on-side kick a trick play? I mean man, you really have to twist hard to find an insult in that. And even if trick play is the best way to describe it so what? You act like there's style point or something. Are you Wetsided Ones really that insecure? I mean with all the fungus over there and all I can understand vesting all your self worth in a high school football team I guess, but man…wow.

And does it matter one whit it was mentioned in a short post that Lynden 'took' the safety? You don't think it only counts a 1.5 points because they 'took' it do you? It is still 2 points.. thus the final score.. I know, math's hard; there's too many numbers for y'all to remember...there's like a thousand of them or something.

Anyway, great game on both sides of the ball. Congrats to ATM on another great year and Congrats to Lynden on finding a way to overcome and bring home another championship. Two of the great programs in Washington High School Football and you both showed why. Well met.

(Oh no I said 'overcome', now the Lynden posters are going to get their panties all kind of bunched up because 'overcome' might imply that there was someone who was about as good as them.)

Col-Pul it's nice to know that you and the teams from the fields of dreams are still around. You need to go on being happy about WSU because nothing you could ramble on about is going to matter. . No bunching here, say what you want, it don't mean a thing if you ain't got a ring. (sorry for that, couldn't resist)
This post was edited on 12/5 9:19 PM by chance44

Col-Pul - You Lynden haters are all alike. You probably filled your panties when Lynden won another State Championship Banner for their gymnasium wall. Don't be a hater.

And pray tell where I've hated on Lynden? Where have I said a single negative thing about Lynden High School's football program or players or coaches or degraded their accomplishments? In point of fact I've said on several occasions since realignment that I have a good deal of admiration for how Lynden goes about their business, basketball too btw.

You confuse my distaste for lack of humility and poor sportsmanship by some living vicariously through high school sports on here and the fine young men whose actual accomplishments you claim as your own. ‘You’ didn’t win a championship, a group of high school students in your community did. As the actual Lynden teams have always shown good sportsmanship and conducted themselves like winners I have to assume that many of the Lynden posters aren't such good winners because unlike the team they just haven't had much practice on their own.

As for hater, really? With all the negative things Lynden posters have said about their competition, all the ways in which they’ve downplayed or dismissed other’s accomplishments, all the nose rubbing, chest thumping… Maybe I am black but hey pot guess what…
This post was edited on 12/6 9:24 AM by col-pul

I have to admit there are a couple of posters on here that have puzzled me. I've got the utmost respect for Lynden and have always had great interaactions with their fans at games, but a couple posters (Chance-Oldshoes) are coming across as whining babies feeling they need more attention. No one is disrespecting Lynden that truly knows H.S. football

Don't need attendion, no whining, just clarification and credit where it is due! I'm sure you are not saying there is NO difference between getting tackled in the end zone and walking out of it. One is a coaching call, the other is a great defence. Also an on side kick when everyone is lined up for it, is NO trick. It was a great coaching job, no tricks. if that is whining in your book - that's OK. It just made the difference between holding the big gold ball and getting a plaque, you've been around - you know that.

ps: don't blame Lynden for me, I'm from a place where there is nothing to cheer about.

"all the negative things Lynden posters have said about their competition, all the ways in which they’ve downplayed or dismissed other’s accomplishments, all the nose rubbing, chest thumping…"

substantiate please.

Substantiated...courtesy of OLDSHOES

I'll be the first to say that there have never seemed to be posts like this from Lynden fans until this guy showed up. But since you asked for substantiation, here goes:

Posted by OLDSHOES on November 30:

"Win or lose...both teams will have had a great season. That said Lynden should be proud of this fact...THEY DON'T CHARGE $14,000 per student a year tuition, and they don't "recruit" from the Everett or Snohomish School Disticts. Lynden can be proud that ALL of there athletes are from LYNDEN, a small town of just over 10,000."

http://washingtonprep.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=575&mid=166854691&sid=992&tid=166780361&style=1

Posted by OLDSHOES on November 26:

"I witnessed Lynden spanking ATM 38-14 in the 2009 Semi Finals. Alex Martinez got shut down and pissy, should of drawn an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penatly when he threw the ball into the ground by the sideline after Lynden throttled him. Martinez who came into that game with 104 carries,1025yd and a 10ypc ended up gimpy along with 12 carries for 55 yards and no TD. Hans Vanderwell 7 carries 45 yards 1TD.

ATM in the second half had drives like this...14plays loss on downs, fumble, fumble, fumble, Cameron Guy 8 yard run at 4:47 in the forth as it was all over for ATM."

http://www.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=575&mid=166634416&sid=992&tid=166631931&style=1
This post was edited on 12/6 11:24 AM by Just Play Football

Re: Substantiated...courtesy of OLDSHOES

My comment on here about Lynden going for a onside kick as a trick play was just that. If the kick off was from the 40 yard line then I would say that would be normal. But from the 20 yards line that is unheared of. Even then the coach had to be talked in going for the safety from assitant coach Jim Tabenheim. Down 4 or 6 points they needed to get the ball back to win. Then another assitant coach asked if they were going to onside the kick. It was a great play and a perfect kick that made the play work. Now that is what makes a great coach when he is willing to listen to his assitant coaches to make great calls.
This post was edited on 12/6 12:53 PM by LW-Observer

Absolutely LW, the facts you stated regarding the coaching decisions are EXACTLY what Lynden coach Kramme was quoted as saying in the Bellingham Herald. He gave ALL the credit to his assistants and his players.

I am NOT from Lynden and if you check have never said anything bad about any competition, I just like to watch a program that is continually successful. (Tradition doesn't graduate) they have had down years like everyone else but consistently come back stronger than I (for one) ever think they will. So I will try very hard not to state the obvious anymore as it seems to be a touchy subject.

Yes, you really should be careful when discussing the obvious... way too touchy

Col-Pul I am not from Lynden. I just like to read your posts when you have your panties in a bunch.

It appears I posted my reply under the wrong post Mr. let's be honest. I was replying to the infamous Col-Pul.

This post was edited on 12/7 12:21 PM by gooddog1

Geeze I've not come away with this many bunched up panties since Tri-Delta left their laundry room window unlocked during Spring Break of '05...

Anyway, it isn't just what you say it's sometimes how you say it.

How about instead of going confrontational with someone who wasn't disputing any facts or dissing anyone if you want to emphasize a positive point then make it positive instead of negative? As it wasn't posted that ATM tackled Lynden for the safety or that the onside kick somehow lessened the victory why act like Lynden was somehow being dissed?

Instead of condescending: "Really LW, since when is an onside kick a trick play, maybe a double reverse, a flea flicker, Statue of Liberty etc. (You failed to mention that Lynden "took" the safety) ATM did NOT tackle them in the end zone."

Understandable if the response was to; "ATM forced a safety and then Lynden got lucky on a trick play. The best team didn't win, it was luck."

But nooo, it was in response to: "Great game. Came down to a trick play on Lynden part. On side kick after the safely. ATM gave it all they had. Good job both teams."

How about: "ATM had them in a corner, taking the safety to preserve clock and then onside kicking the free kick to get it back with improved field position was outside the box for sure. ATM is a heck of a defense so while a gutsy call it was a heck of a call and fantastic execution by the players."

Col Pul, the Emily Post of Prep line!
This post was edited on 12/8 6:20 PM by chance44

No, Lets be Honest, he was lecturing me on having an opinion and expressing it in a way he felt was disrespectful (he disagreed with). He seems to believe that in some way I was putting someone down instead of giving credit to the winning team (chest pounding - I guess). That's certainly his opinion, although I was under the impression that others were allowed to see things in our own way - sorry if you thought it was addressed at you. He just feels the need to validate, correct PC and interpret unwritten thoughts - thus over 8,000 posts. I'm not taking anything he says to heart so don't you either.

Yep Chance, you'd think by the time someone was old enough to get a preps account they'd have developed more social skills and developed nose breathing skills. But alas...

And once again ColPul your charm exceeds your knowledge. Truth hurts. Better go back to the pantie remarks.

Entertaining, and sad turn. LBH and LTWG&G are obviously newly removed from HS football, at least they still act like it. I wanted to challenge everyone involved to move this to another link, simply b/c the title game was so good, and to have the convo go to "this" is too bad, BUT ... I hope they do it themselves.

I’ve been coming to this message boards for years, and I’ve done my very best to keep my mouth shut and try to enjoy the banter. But I’m afraid I can no longer be silent, I’ve spent a great deal of time on these message boards and I’ve come to one resounding conclusion about the people, who post here.

You know nothing.

You come on here and post like there is no tomorrow. You rant about anything and everything that tickles your fancy. Some of you have been doing this for so long (500+ posts? really?) that you actually believe the bullsh** that you vomit onto these message boards. You are so egotistical that if anyone contests your own opinions that you will do everything in your power to discredit such a person by calling their age, knowledge of the game, and intelligence into question.

You think because of your age (I get a 40 and over vibe from many of you) that you have the right to look down upon others? Look first at yourself, as you sit in your orthopedic computer chairs, in your tiny suburban homes, and think for a second about your own qualifications. Do you honestly believe that because you played a year (if that) of high school football, watch ESPN religiously, and make it to a few games on Friday nights when basic cable isn’t playing re-runs of MASH, that you know a thing about football? Do you really believe yourself a Rogue Sports Analyst on the cusp of greatness? A Joe schad? John Clayton? Mike Ditka? Herm Edwards? Well I’m here to tell you that you are none of those. You are not analysts, you are not coaches, you may have been a player once upon a time, but a fairy tale will only bring you so much knowledge.

You are nothing but a bunch of fools masquerading as football philosophers. It pains me to read your misguided fallacies. So please do us all a favor and spare us of your nonsense. you know nothing.
This post was edited on 12/10 4:53 AM by Letitbeknown123

Letitbe... you take this way to seriously. Mot of us just come here to talk HS foobtall and have a little fun while doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT