ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden vs Capital

Lynden 34 Capital 0 9:19 3rd Qtr

This post was edited on 11/23 2:51 PM by Peteypab8

After watching this game live and again on DVR, I was a bit surprised at some of Capital's players' apparent lack of class. The worst example: with 8 minutes left in the forth quarter, number 70 not only puts his hands in number 17 of Lynden's face, but proceeds to rip his head from right to left once he has him on the ground. This was not an isolated incident, as cheap shots and hands to the face were prolific throughout. From what I could see it was limited to a few players who were likely understandably frustrated at the score, but it was still quite sad.

I've followed 2 and 3a football seriously for about a decade now, and I generally have a lot of respect for both sides, but this one left a bad taste in my mouth.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:05 AM by themk12

I too noticed a lot of 'extra-curricular' activities from a small number of Capital players, mainly the above mentioned. It seemed that the Lynden coaching staff was noticing it as well. About the time it was getting really bad, Coach Kramme called a timeout, and instead of talking with his team, he went straight out to the officials, and it looked a little heated.

It is too bad that it took place with one or two individuals, but I think there has to be props mentioned to many of the Lynden kids who were taking the blunt end of cheep shots, punches, and forearms to the neck, only to get up and walk back to the huddle without reacting to any of it. This has got to be a credit to those kids as well as the coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT