ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden vs Tumwater

I am a little disappointed Tumwater didn't score a late TD, would've liked a perfect prediction!

But really this was about as sure of a thing as Bellevue is in 3A. Lynden would beat 99% of the teams in this state, and they would do it easily. (I only doubt them against Skyline and Bellevue.)

Agreed...this was Lynden's year. Vis was the best player on the field but 3, 77, and 78 were monsters. Tumwater's offense was extremely sloppy but not many teams could hang with Lynden this year! Congrats to the Lions. Who will play offense for them next year though?

Congrats to Lynden on another golden ball....well deserved!! I honestly think the Kings game was a good thing for the Leos, got a chip on their shoulder, and really with only a couple days to prepare for Kings, that's asking a lot. They were the best team this year by far, no questions asked.

Quincyfan: They did lose to a 1A team, Kings high. Kings' quarterback is BYU bound, and the final score was only 42-39, correct me if i'm wrong. The game was setup that thursday, with only a day in advance to prepare, and Kings' quarterback lit up the air with his throwing game. Lynden was also playing without safety Zach Vis, which could have easily been a turning point in the game. Not making any excuses, it was a phenomenal game, but i would have liked Kings and Lynden to play again, this time with a week of preparation and Vis back at safety. I could be wrong, but i believe the game would have had a different outcome.

On another note, really fun game to watch (if you're a lynden fan.) I was definitely impressed with Vis today, he had an amazing game. 3 TDs, and that huge hit on number 22 from Tumwater. Great game by pretty much everybody though, solid win to prove yet again that Lynden football is the best in the state. GO LIONS!!!
This post was edited on 12/1 6:51 PM by innocentbystanderLL

Some thoughts on the game today:

Agree with many that the Kings loss helped Lynden.
One of the best defensive runs in the playoffs that I have seen. Lynden dominated 2 really good offenses the last 2 weeks.
I wondered as I walked in the door from the game if Vis had broken the record for receiving yards, and it looks like he did.
Lynden did this without Christiansen for most of the last 3 quarters.
Lynden's front 4 was incredible the whole day. Tumwater never got anything going.

Amazing run by this sr. class at Lynden. I assume they will be a favorite in basketball again, too.

Lynden set 3 different records today:

Zach Vis broke the state record (for all classifications I've read) with 271 yards receiving.
Josh Kraght set the 2A record for total offense with 444 total yards (376 passing - 14 shy of a record - and 68 rushing).
the Lions team set the 2A record for passing offense with 401 total yards through the air (25 more after Kraght left the game).

An impressive end to an impressive season.

ADVERTISEMENT