ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden whomps L.C.............

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
.....60-24. For those who weren't there, well you didn't miss much. 35-9 at the half. Believe it or not, L.C. has a very good team this year. Lynden is playing at another level right now. They're playing with supreme confidence, and everybody is contibuting. Nate Wielenga has been their MVP thus far in my opinion. The guy is playing out of his mind. Lynden has lots of pieces they can mix and match. They are getting a big contribution from Matt Meyer, the primary low post player. He isn't exceptionally tall,(around 6'4"), but he is big built and very effective. I believe the Lions are a legit top 5 team right now.

Surprised by the low scoring of LC, but not the final outcome of Lynden winning and winning big. Looking forward to Lynden @ Squally Tuesday night.

Squally did the same thing to LC earlier this year. Score end of first quarter 21-3 the game Tuesday will be interesting get there early

Sorry to say that I will be out of town and will have to miss this game. That's too bad as I'd be scanning the crowd trying to figure out who Chance and Warrant really are.

My story lines:
It will be interesting to see how/if Squalicum bounces back after that loss to Bellingham. Will Lynden press and how will Squally handle it? Will Qualls show up big? Will Lynden run or play their classic slow down style to keep Squally out of their game? Can the reffing be at least tolerable and equal to both teams? Lynden's Coach K better not be one of the refs in this game!

Will likely be biggest packed houses of the regular season. Dress in shorts and sit as low as you can as it can get sweltering. Hopefully it's a great game. Would appreciate score posts by quarters!

-Passion8

Think that the addition of Mike McKee to the Lions coaching staff is a big plus. Always appreciated him as AD at both schools.

And McKee is quite familiar with Dickson's game plans and approach Which well benefit Lynden greatly.

I expect a hard fought close game. I'll be surprised if either team gets away from the other. Both teams like to run, but a half court game is more likely. A loss by Squalicum could temporarily find the Storm in 5th place in the conference. Lynden may have the best team in the Conference right now. Having said that, the team with the best guard play will probably win.....and nobody has a better guard tandem than Squalicum.

Warrant- I MOSTLY agree with you. How 'bout that?
Concerning SQ guards: BJ is most consistent. Neilen hasn't hit stride yet. I think he'll improve by year's end like last year. Both had a bit of a rough game against B'ham.

Other factors for SQ - will big Nate be back and mobile? Dickerson out with a hand injury. I think if SQ controls the boards and limits the turnovers, they win a close one. If not, Lynden wins.

-Passion8

A couple of key matchups will be Qualls vs Meyer if they hook up, and Kraght going up against either Chunphakvenn or Pierce. Look for the Storm guards to ball hawk. Who will guard Nate Wielenga? Just curious about who you think they might have guarding him. I think either one of the Storm guards can slow him.
This post was edited on 1/13 10:48 AM by Warrant3

When I watched Lynden early in the season their guards weren't much. Lots of turnovers. But, like I said that was very early. I think Nate, Dak and John are the ones to hurt you. They do play rather "rough and tumble", something I haven't seen too much of out of the Storm. You know, bang bang basketball lacking the karate chops and clotheslines.

Storm are a finesse team as they have always been. The last really aggressive "rough and tumble" player they had was Wally. How many football players on Lynden's team?

(Psst: Settle down Warrant, I'm not saying they are dirty)

Passion8
smilie2.gif

We should keep in mind, the Storm are visiting a pretty good Ferndale team (11-2) tonight. And while I'm on the topic, there are two other teams undefeated in conference play. Anacortes, and dare I say, a well coached Sehome team. Those two will rumble on Tuesday as well.

Well first off - Shine, Wilenga, Shagren, Kraght played football. Not sure about the rest.

Still not impressed with Ferndale, their wheels seem to come off frequently. I guess when I have seen them - they lose their leads and either lose or barely win. I don't think winning the Nooksack Invitational is a good indicator of Ferndale's basketball strength. Right now tho they are leading Squalicum by 9 at home with under 3 mins
This post was edited on 1/13 8:40 PM by chance44

ADVERTISEMENT