ADVERTISEMENT

Mid Valley class of 06

For Prosser, they will be losing a big scoring guard in Dannie Lochrie, and as well as Cameron Brophy who had some exceptional games this season, as well as TY Hartley who gave what he had when he was in.

hanford will be losing great leadership in drew curry. And their very, very, very, overrated in steve severin (possibly the biggest waste of height ever)

I have read your threads over the year Mr. Jake the Great - let the stats speak for themselves on Severin - FIFTH leading scorer, over 170 blocks and over 250 rebounds - the paper calls him a "juggernaut" - who cares what you think anymore - didn't you say you had to been to one game - whats your problem

whats your problem?

..and btw i listened to all of hanford games on the radio and it did not sound like severin was getting any rebounds and 3-5 blocks per game(which is good). Don't get me wrong I think Severin is a very needed player for Hanford, they wouldn't have been the team they are without him, all i'm saying is he should have been a lot better. You're 6'10 in high school and ur not averageing a tripple double (points, rebounds, blocks) That's saying something either about your skills or everybody elses skills to stop you. The average height for a high school basketball player is around 6'2. Now, if that is true then you are about 5-8 inches taller then everyone else on the floor, and if your getting the ball anywhere near the hoop YOU SHOULD BE SCORING, and he did not do that. That's my point, u can listen to it or not, i dont care
This post was edited on 3/4 12:24 PM by jakethegr8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i agree.. severin is a waist of height!!!!!!!!!
This post was edited on 3/4 4:12 PM by trigga lif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Severin isn't a waste of hieght like Will Towns of W. River is. He's 7'3" and cant catch the ball from what I've heard. Isnt strong around the rim either. His team didnt make it to state this year.

But I heard Gonzaga is looking at him so I may be wrong. Redshirt him for a year, and get some meat on his bones and he could probably be a good player.

Hanford loses some good players, but returns the leagues top gun in tommy Begalka as well as Johnson and Moore, SS loses Simmons and Coleman their top 2, but return hon-mention selection James Baysinger, WV also loses some players, but return 2nd teamer in Wagar and two good sophs in Berndt and Robinson and a couple others, but those being the only staying 3a, i dont think they can compete with Southridge, Kamaikin or Kennewick. As far as the new 2a league, Prosser would have to be the early favorite with 3 all-leaguers returning , along with a slew of others, G-view ,loses some talent, but with Scott as coach they will be there in the end, EV had Komstaduis and a few others, Eberg loses its all-leaguers but returns a few players, Selah has Washut and Archer of mediocre team and thats it, homerville might struggle, Wapato returns everybody and their lil brother, but their still the toe and just because everybodys back off a last place team dont guarantee success, Top-Hi, we will see ,Tony i think is a good coach, but not sold yet,but do return a lot of kids, including a couple freshmen that are very talented!

Actually my friend phade, i think mr. Towns alreay has a full ride from Gonzaga, you are right he aint nothing but a project!

Give us a break..........don't know what you're issue is with Selah, but I've heard enoug about homerville. You are a moron if you think Selah gets any greaks with the refs or the paper. Pull your head out of your butt and let's talk about basketball objectibly.

This league will be one of the more competitive leagues next year. I agree with the post. I watched Selah this summer once and twice during the season. They will never be a team on top because they have too many baseball players that do not play summer basketball. Washut, great quarterback, Archer great playmaker all baseball, others I know are all baseball during the summer. Sorry Selah, regionals may be no longer if you don't get better. Grandview, Prosser, Ellensburg, we always play them with most of their basketball players playing all sumer in tourneys. Those are my three picks next year.

ya there not playing summer basketball but they are still playing and they still go 2 camps. selah should be good next year if they can get the whole team chemistry thing changed. they also need to find leadership after losing brink.

nm
This post was edited on 3/6 10:50 PM by 69wolfif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Selah will be fine. Great coach, great heart... all they need is some dedication. Don't worry about the Viks, they'll play their best every night and thats all we ask for. Good luck guys.

Wapato will be somewhere in that mix... The Wolves should of swepts Selah and had a ton of near wins against every1 excepts 4 Hanford. Look 4 Harris to improve dramitacly like he did over last summer. Smiscon,Vivette and Harris dont even have to say anymore. I expect them to finish no where below middle of the league.

The MVL is done! The Wapatos, Prossers, Selahs, and E-Burgs need to move to the 2A message board. Welcome the Kennewicks, Southridges, Eastmonts, and Kamiakins to the 3A Board. The new Big 9 will be fun to watch.
This post was edited on 3/20 10:25 AM by miracle55if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

when it is official we will go to the 2a boards...dont even worry about it

but for now we can be right here

No issue and glad you're here. I just get a kick out of a people discussing a subject (league) that will not exist ever again.

Yeah Severin could have been better being as tall as he is. But I bet you have no idea how much he improved throughout high school. In 9th grade he wasn't even really good at all.. He was just really tall with no control and extremely skinny. He improved so much through high school and really put it together.

Alot of smack

Hanford alum:

Steve Sevreign - fr. starting at center for Western Wa
Admir Beribak - so. CBC
Husein Pistoljevic - sr. Longwood Lancers

I hear they have a few exciting New players this year

They do have a good incoming freshman class. My girlfriend's sister is in 8th grade and their team has been undefeated all throughout middle school. And get this... Some of their school goes to Richland, and some go to Hanford. All their best players are going to Hanford, and the funny thing is their coach is the varsity coach of Richland!

Moral of the story... Hanford has some great talent coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT