ADVERTISEMENT

MVL district title game: WV at Hanford

sport11821

Nov 12, 2004
Hanford beats Selah 60-50 in a somewhat close ballgame, Selah played tough their big kids are startin to play real well, E-berg i heard had some debateable calls against them, a 5point play on a screen of the ball come on, and a call on an e-berg player beging out of bounds and giving the ball to WV, come on this playoff time, WV outscores them 18-6 in the 4th to win, wow schocker!!

The calls were bad, the refs were bad, but thats not really the reason for the loss. Johnson fouled out with a couple minutes to go on a ticky-tack thing. I can't say it wasnt a foul, just something you don't see called alot. When Johnson left, the turnovers started and things snowballed from there. Hanford over WV in the championship.

That 5 point play was something I had never seen before. If everyone on the team knocked someone over away from the ball, does that mean that there is a chance at one play consisting of 11 points?

okay so what happened? WV hit a 3 and somoene off the ball got fouled after the shot while they were in bonus? This happens every so often but not commonly. And only one foul would be called, not all 5. But I guess if everyone "knocked people over" there could be technicals given out but I dont think thats what you're getting at.

WV hit a 3, and they called a foul not on the shot, but the person who hit the 3 got the 2 free throws, for a 5 point play by one person.

r u sure? kus i thought that the coaches kid hit the 3 and then borton shot the free throws

yea thats what happened, but if i remember right borton got the points in the home book for the 3 and the free throws.

ADVERTISEMENT